At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
We're at the early stages of establishing a Master Data Management system in our company as well as embarking on a journey to simplify our operational landscape with rolling out global enterprise-wide systems. This means that you'll be working with different challenges and will have a huge opportunity to design and iterate upon our global initiatives tool as well as their integrations with various services across the Hello Fresh ecosystem. You will also:
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Build and take operational responsibility for the HelloFresh data integration platform
- Be involved with architecture, development and deployment of integrations
- Monitor and improve the usage of the integrations you build
- Close cooperation with Integration Consultants, Devops and Project management teams
- Creating a smooth and pleasant end user experience, for both our customers and our internal users
Who we are looking for
- You have solid back-end engineering experience
- In depth experience and knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT, XPATH etc.
- You have knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns and SOLID Principles
- Prior experience with unit, integration & functional testing, applications tuning/profiling, and continuous integration is a plus
- Experience with Java and Java frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge of SOA patterns or related certifications would be an advantage
- Being comfortable navigating an ever-changing environment and helping us identifying the right way forward
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Any experience working with microservices is a plus
- Knowledge of ESB, SOA and preferably WSO2, Mule, TIBCO or Oracle SOA suite
- Interacting with product owners and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of the services and environments we support
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.