At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless. We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Who we are looking for: An ambitious, bright, entrepreneurial and high-spirited leader with both analytical and soft skills to tackle tough challenges and work with our suppliers around the world on value-creating solutions. As Associate Director International Procurement - Grocery you will join a fantastic Operations team at one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
About the Role
- Strategic development and optimization of our grocery supplier network across our +10 markets
- Vendor selection and leading supplier negotiations across categories
- Lead supplier development projects across geographies
- Find and implement cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes and by improving processes in different countries
- Define and implement best-in-class practices within the operational country organizations around the world
- Maintain and improve business relationships with key suppliers
- Establish and implement KPI’s to help the procurement & purchasing functions to improve their operations
- Support the community building among all produce category leads globally
- Position is ideally based in Berlin
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from top-tier college or university, preferably in business or agricultural science
- At least 7 years of purchasing experience, preferably in the shelf-stable, packaged food sector, alternatively as a management consultant with a focus on purchasing in the food industry
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with the ability to take the initiative, work independently and drive implementation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work successfully in flexible team structures around the world
- Strong track-record of successful negotiations with external partners
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent command of the English language is a must. Further languages are a plus.
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- A vibrant, international environment
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & challange for your career
- Competitive compensation
- Sabbatical policy
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, discount on the HelloFresh GO vending machines, free German classes, Geek Friday, discounts for our neighboring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club, annual budget for training and development initiatives, weekly Yoga Classes, Summer & Winter Party)
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date.