At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
We're at the early stages of establishing a Master Data Management system in our company as well as embarking on a journey to simplify our operational landscape with rolling out global enterprise-wide systems. This means that you'll be working with different challenges and will have a huge opportunity to design and iterate upon our global initiatives tool as well as their integrations with various services across the Hello Fresh ecosystem. You will also:
- Design, drive and continuously improve the overall architecture of our integration platform and its interfaces with services and platforms throughout our ecosystem
- Be a strong partner to our project and product management teams as well as our external consultants to collaborate on planning, building, adapting and improving our integration platform
- Drive the reduction of complexity in our system landscape
- Understand business requirements, develop high level solution architecture and including risk assessments and time/cost estimates and propose solution alternatives
- Work closely with your fellow engineers to ensure fast, reliable and resilient integrations
- Develop key architectural and development artefacts including architectural overviews, high and low level technical designs, and interface specifications
- Contribute to efforts for new software selection including development of RFI/RFP, review and evaluation of commercial off the shelf (COTS) software, lead Proof of Concepts, and development of evaluation matrices through
- Develop test strategies including performance and scalability requirements
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile team
Who we are looking for
- Solid experience in enterprise architecture and software engineering in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of integration platforms, SOA and preferably some implementations using platforms such as WSO2, Mule, TIBCO or Oracle SOA suite
- Extensive technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to create enterprise solutions
- Strong communication and documentation skills including demonstrated ability to effectively engage, influence and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to all levels in the organisation
- In depth experience and knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT, XPATH etc.
- Experience with techniques including systems flows and data/business object modeling
- Hands on experience with at least one of the public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
- Being comfortable navigating an ever-changing environment and helping us identifying the right way forward
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.