At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
At HelloFresh, Data Science is an interdisciplinary team that designs, implements, and maintains state of the art machine learning models to automate and optimize marketing, operations, logistics and customer experience. With our rapid company expansion, we are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist that is excited about turning innovative ideas into powerful data driven products. As a member of the team, you will help bringing these ideas into reality and improve the experience of millions of customers around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a hunger for discovering information in massive amounts of data, an attitude towards experimentation, fluency in machine learning techniques and software engineering best practices.
- Deriving and maintaining a technical vision for end-to-end data science and machine learning pipelines.
- Playing a key role in ensuring the ongoing alignment and standards of our technology vision for the data science team.
- Leading by example by translating business problems into quantitative terms and productionized models to presenting the results in clear and effective manner through visualization and prototyping.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to discover innovative ways of leveraging vast repositories of user generated data.
- Turning prototypes into production ready implementation.
- Measuring performance over time, tuning, and inspecting models.
- Sharing data solutions and intel through Open Source and promoting a data driven culture within a large international organization.
Who we are looking for
- Significant experience in tech industry.
- Excellent educational background; plus if holding a MSc in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Linguistics, or similar quantitative field.
- Great engineering abilities and the capacity to design resilient distributed systems that are flexible and scalable.
- A strong understanding of the state of the art in machine learning methods and in depth techniques for practical application.
- Great coding skills in Python and knowledge of data libraries as sklearn and pandas. Knowledge about big data frameworks as spark is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen and show empathy.
- A self-organized individual, with excellent focus and prioritization of workload using business data and metrics.
- A passionate leader with a proven track record of mentoring team members.
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.