At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job:
- Working closely with the key stakeholders, engineers, designers, UX writers, and researchers in our squads, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Scoping problems into projects and prioritizing them. Conducting meetings, workshops, and design reviews when needed.
- Actively guide teams to higher quality mobile design. Coach/mentor designers as required.
- Know when to user test your designs (with the help of researchers and product designers)
- Being responsible by the overall design cycle (i.e. flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, typography, colors, grid, layout)
- Designing specifically for mobile (iOS, Android).
- Help to build mobile guidelines in our current Design System
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience designing mobile products (iOS, Android)
- A deep understanding of both qualitative and quantitative user data (i.e. A/B testing, surveys, analytics tools, usability test)
- A passion for learning and self-improvement
- The ability to remain flexible in an ever-changing, fast-moving, startup environment
- Strong communication skills including knowing when to escalate problems
- The ability to embrace a problem while detaching from your solution or personal taste
- Self-organization. You're comfortable working both autonomously and within a group
- Strategic thinking. You think about products with a big-picture mindset
- A well-timed gif contribution in the UX Slack group ;)
- Tool proficiency with Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe CC, Prototype tools (anything), and any new ones!
It would be nice if you also have the following:
- Experience in illustration, icon design, micro-interactions (animations).
- Huge plus: the occasional baking and sharing of treats!
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.