Reports To: Facilities Manager
Purpose of the Position: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for overseeing facility maintenance operations; performing a variety of technical tasks relative to facility maintenance; and acting as a liaison between maintenance functions and production needs.
- Determine need for and scheduling of necessary repairs, renovations, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections
- Create, plan and execute preventative maintenance programs.
- Has thorough understanding of equipment, the functions and operations procedures.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Oversee workflow of preventive building maintenance duties, to include routine plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and various other repairs
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects
- Work with outside contractors as needed for all maintenance repairs, monitoring timely and accurate project completions
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, to include routine plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and various other repairs
- Support automation infrastructure and heavy equipment that supports our warehouse teams
- Follow up on open service tickets in a timely manner to ensure they are properly closed out quickly
- Various general tasks as assigned, to include assembling and moving furniture and office equipment, setup and breakdown of tables and chairs, replacing door knobs/locks, repairs to door closures and/or walls, and painting of interior walls.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical and/or mechanical is preferred
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing per OSHA standards
- Ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, reaching, twisting, grasping
- Repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties
- Climbing unusual heights on ladders
- Regularly lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Operating assigned equipment and vehicles
- Temperature controlled warehouse environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to ambient room temperature
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes/gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and various temperature conditions
- Possible exposure to various weather conditions
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.