At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal and we have launched facilities across Canada and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the Role:
As a Senior Technical Po Manager (TPM), you’ll work hands on with one or more engineering teams to plan and execute business initiatives, including A/B tests, feature/product launches and platform improvements. You will help bridge the gap between Product and Engineering, empowering teams to bring complex ideas to life.
While Product Owners at HelloTech focus on deciding what initiatives their squads should work on and why, TPMs work closely with the engineering team to determine how and when they’ll deliver those initiatives, then manage the delivery. The Sr. TPM will be accountable for the successful delivery of these initiatives.
- Own deliverables of features and functionalities for multiple technical squads
- Manage roadmaps, and support squad leads in maintaining their product backlogs/delivery schedules
- Identify and communicate risks that can affect timelines
- Measure process efficiencies and drive improvements
- Coordinate communication across multiple teams and projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or, equivalent
- 5+ years of working experience in an agile software development team as a technical project/program manager, delivery lead, or scrum master
- Worked with a range of agile frameworks, such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and Scrumban
- Experience using delivery metrics (Little’s Law, Kanban, Accelerate’s Four Key Metrics) to plan projects, surface and fix problems with software delivery.
- Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA
- Experience with writing unit/integration/function test cases, as well as with formalized testing methodologies (i.e. TDD, BDD, DDD)
- Exposure to relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL), and comfortable with running simple queries to quickly pull insights from our data warehouse
- An excellent communicator: you are able to break down complex technical issues and share with stakeholders from across the business
- Comfortable discussing technical details of projects with squad leads and senior developers
- A structured thinker who can quickly understand a problem, identify a solution and envision a path to implementing it
- Keen on owning and solving process issues that hinder teams from delivering their best work
Why you'll love this job:
- You’ll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- We’re a start-up within a start-up. We’re nimble but we have the institutional knowledge and the global resources
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously