At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the Role
We are searching for an Associate Design Director to demonstrate craft excellence and to manage our growing team of Product Design professionals across North America. You'll have ownership over individual design projects, establish processes that aid in the success of the team as a whole, and mentor and grow your team. How might we make the HelloFresh brand and service more lovable? How could we use new methodologies and ways of thinking to expand and grow our business while keeping the focus on what makes us great? Are you up for these audacious challenges?
- Drive excellence within a diverse North American Product Design team.
- Lead designers through leadership across our Toronto, New York, and Boulder offices.
- Energise designers across three brands to act as one unified team.
- Be a model of communication and collaboration within the design team and with peers in engineering and product.
- Sell the value of strategic product design to stakeholders
- Explore with Product Management and Engineering to find the intersection of customer desirability, business viability, and technical feasibility in your work.
- Inspire teams achieve more and grow from one another
- Use data to discover, ideate, and refine your own design work.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Work with our UX Research team to identify and fill in the organization’s knowledge gaps
- Think holistically about problems, not just considering the HelloFresh digital product but instead the entire HelloFresh service experience.
- Work with our UX Writers to embody the content strategy and brand through the HelloFresh service.
- Skills and expertise in executing, critiquing, and mentoring in visual design, interaction design, UX writing, UI design and animation.
- Deep knowledge of design with influential communication skills to make organizational change happen.
- The heart of a teacher and the bravery to give direct but kind feedback.
- Full personal and team accountability for quality and delivery.
- Audaciously high goals for yourself and the teams you serve.
- The drive to push past these goals and achieve even more.
At a minimum, you have:
- 5 years of product design or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in a team lead role
- Experience managing and leading teams. Cross-continent team leadership a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in design or a design-related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with e-commerce. Working within subscriptions is a plus.
- Knowledge of rapid business or service innovation skills, such as Google Sprint methodology
- Mastery of Sketch, knowledge of Abstract, and an understanding of other digital design tools
- A willingness to travel 10-20%, including traveling outside of North America to our Berlin office
- Competitive salary and health benefits package
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or ChefsPlate weekly box subscription
- Snacks, drinks, and free food from our on-site test kitchen!
- Friendly and inclusive environment at our downtown Toronto office - we take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. You are welcome at our table. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.