At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipped out more than 250 Million meals in 2019.
Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We want you to join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level - as a company in its growth phase this is a great time to join. Career and development opportunities are endless.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the Role
We are searching for a Design Lead to demonstrate craft excellence and to manage our growing team of Product Design professionals in Berlin. You'll have ownership over individual design projects, establish processes that aid in the success of your team and mentor and grow those you serve. We have big plans for growth here and need a Design Lead who can bring fresh ideas, fresh energy, and a collaborative leadership style.
What you'll do
- Inspire a team of up to 4 designers to excel at their craft, nurture growth within your team, and mentor more junior designers on their careers.
- Understand the customer journey and influence stakeholders on change needed to benefit our customers and the business.
- Partner with POs, engineers, researchers and UX writers / content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and after).
- Design flows and experiences (UX/UI) that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Mentor your team to deliver high quality UX/UI work.
- Show in your work a close attention to detail not only in your part of the HelloFresh digital experience, but across the entire digital product with your fellow Design Leads.
- Set high goals for yourself and your team and push to achieve even more.
What you'll bring
- Significant product design experience.
- Additional experience as a team lead or in direct people management required.
- Skills and expertise in executing, critiquing, and mentoring in visual design, interaction design, UX writing, UI design and animation.
- Recent experience with e-commerce. Working within subscriptions is a big plus.
- Mastery of Sketch, knowledge of Abstract, and fluency with other digital design and prototyping tools.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Knowledge and usage of rapid business or service innovation skills, such as Google Sprint methodology, is a plus.
What we offer
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & a boost for your career
- Competitive compensation with annual budget for training and development
- A vibrant international environment
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A range of additional perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, weekly allowance for HelloFresh GO vending machines, budget for German classes, discounts for our neighbouring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club, weekly Yoga Classes, Friday Beers, Summer & Winter parties, daily fruits in the office)
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including a link to your online portfolio and salary expectations.