At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. Now we're the fastest growing company in Europe, active and growing in 11 different countries across 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received almost US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product.
As a member of our international food safety team, you’ll be exposed to lean, fast-paced, and engaged QA teams across the system. Within the QA community you’ll collaboratively work to mitigate risk, drive standards, ensuring operational excellence ensuring the consumer gets safe and high quality ingredients.
About the job
Are you passionate about building food safety standards and systems across multiple countries, driving food safety culture to the next level?
Our Food Safety & Quality Assurance team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced and energetic Food Safety professional to join the international team. Reporting to the International Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, this role is critical to developing and driving standards and food safety thinking through the HelloFresh system. Being accountable for our Distribution Centers compliance and food safety across international geographies, you will develop a GFSI rollout plan, drive the implementation while also elevating food safety culture.
- Have overall accountability for the development and rollout of standardized food safety and quality assurance requirements across HelloFresh International Distribution Centre’s, covering 12 markets globally.
- Develop the business justification and rollout plan for GFSI certification implementation. Once approved lead and implement this strategy across all regions in a phased and systematic approach.
- Support in the continued development and management of industry leading Coronavirus controls linking to our operations - protecting our employees and ensuing operational continuity.
- Partner with the International Construction and Production teams in designing new and improved Distribution Centers, improving the design and construction DC’s and equipment.
- Further develop our food repack requirements and standards in relevant markets – defining processes, systems, HACCP, construction and equipment approval.
- Create and deploy food safety procedures and training programs on core risks across the system.
- Drive food safety culture, developing engagement and understanding of the topic.
- Support in the rollout of consistent intake food safety and quality checks.
- Understand and partner with relevant stakeholders on systems development to further elevate our quality management and traceability systems.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and coordinate sharing of information and best practice across geographies.
- Build effective relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring all quality data for trends, themes, and opportunities for improvement within the DC and customer delivery segment of the supply chain.
- Evaluate key risks and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation.
- Coach and train the team across markets according to business requirements, inclduign one direct report.
- Role-model our HelloFresh values and the Food Safety & QA vision.
Who we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a similar role within Food Manufacturing/Assembly/Distribution/Retail (minimum 6+ years’ experience)
- Internal and External Audit experience, ideally implementing a GFSI certificate
- Willingness to travel across Europe, Canada and Australia
- Knowledge of government regulations (Wider Europe, Canada & ANZ ideal)
- In depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP and COSHH
- CIEH Level 4 award in Food safety or relevant qualification
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Adept at data manipulation and analytics
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Embraces change, challenge and working in an autonomous way
- International experience desirable
- Excellent English skills required
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a serious impact on a rapidly growing organisation
- An energetic, fun and extremely dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Like to cook? Significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes.
- Every day discount for your purchase from the HelloFreshGO vending machine which holds fresh wraps, salads, meals and snacks
- Free Drinks & fresh fruit all day
- Friday beers
- Chance to participate in our pension scheme
- Free German classes
- Sabbatical policy
- Geek Friday – knowledge sharing on interesting topics
- Heavy discounts for our neighboring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club
- Live and learn: annual budget for training and development initiatives
- Choose your hardware: Apple or Windows?
- Weekly Yoga Classes
- Summer & Winter Party
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.