At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread beyond our wildest dreams. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. Now we're the fastest growing company in Europe, active and growing in 11 different countries across 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve received almost US$ 300 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award-winning product.
As a member of our international food safety team, you’ll be exposed to lean, fast-paced, and engaged QA teams across the system. Within the QA community you’ll collaboratively work to mitigate risk, drive standards, ensure operational excellence ensuring the consumer gets safe and high quality ingredients.
About the job
Are you passionate about building food safety standards and systems across multiple countries, driving food safety culture to the next level?
Our Food Safety & Quality Assurance team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced and energetic Food Safety professional to join the international team. Reporting to the International Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, this role is critical to developing and driving standards and food safety thinking through the HelloFresh system - being accountable for a section of the supply chain from culinary development to supplier management.
Working collaboratively with our international procurement, culinary development, NPD and country QA teams, the role will share best practice, create standardized ways of working, drive thinking in food safety regarding supplier approval and management, and support in various strategic projects – delivering on the Food Safety & Quality Assurance vision.
- Partner with the international and country procurement teams on strategic projects, ensuring suppliers selected have the right food safety, quality and cultural requirements
- Manage and further develop the HelloFresh International supplier approval process, including supplier onboarding, risk allocation, and audit standard development – reducing supply base risk
- Work with the international development team on strategic projects, ensuring food safety and quality risks are identified and considered at key stages
- Standardise the cook validation and recipe card review process across geographies, ensuring legal compliance and clear customer communication
- Create and deploy food safety and quality procedures across the system, developing existing processes for international rollout
- Understand and partner with relevant stakeholders on systems development to further elevate our supplier, specification management and culinary development systems which also link to our Distribution Centers
- Collaborate with the Operations team to deliver on key performance metrics
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and coordinate sharing of information and best practice across geographies
- Build effective relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring all quality data for trends, focusing on themes covering multiple countries, identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- Evaluate key risks and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation
- Coach and train the team across markets according to business requirements
- Role-model our HelloFresh values and the Food Safety & QA vision
Who we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a similar role within Food Manufacturing/Assembly/Distribution/Retail
- Internal and External Audit experience
- Consultancy experience highly regarded
- Knowledge of government regulations (UK/ Wider Europe)
- In depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP and COSHH
- CIEH Level 4 award in Food safety or relevant qualification
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Adept at data manipulation and analytics
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Embraces change, challenge and working in an autonomous way
- International experience desirable
- Excellent English skills required
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a serious impact on a rapidly growing organisation
- An energetic, fun and extremely dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
- Like to cook? Significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes.
- Everyday discount for your purchase from the HelloFreshGO vending machine which holds fresh wraps, salads, meals and snacks
- Free Drinks & fresh fruit all day
- Friday beers
- Chance to participate in our pension scheme
- Free German classes
- Sabbatical policy
- Geek Friday – knowledge sharing on interesting topics
- Heavy discounts for our neighboring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club
- Live and learn: annual budget for training and development initiatives
- Choose your hardware: Apple or Windows?
- Weekly Yoga Classes
- Summer & Winter Party
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.