Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals
from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-
kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an
incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space
where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is searching for an Associate Director of Product Design to demonstrate craft excellence and to manage
our growing team of Product Design professionals, focused on Growth product areas across multiple brands. You'll
have ownership over design projects, establish processes that aid in the success of the team as a whole, and
mentor and grow your team. How might we make our meal kit brands and services more lovable? How could we
use new methodologies and ways of thinking to expand and grow our business while keeping focus on what makes
us great? Are you up for these audacious challenges?
You will ...
● Drives craft excellence within the Product Design team.
● Works with our designers all over the world to advocate and adopt new ideas and better ways of working.
● Explores with their peers in Product Management and Engineering to find the intersection of customer
desirability, business viability, and technical feasibility in their work.
● Develops and represents their design strategy as part of the overall Growth product strategy.
● Career manages a team of 4-6 product design professionals in multiple offices.
● Coaches and mentors designers on the team on how to work better with their peers and stakeholders.
● Uses a data-driven approach to discover, ideate, and refine their design work.
● Works with our UX Research team to identify and fill in the organization’s knowledge gaps
● Thinks holistically about problems, beyond just the digital product, to think about the entire HelloFresh
● Works with our UX Writers to embody the content strategy and brand through the HelloFresh service.
● Has skills and expertise in executing, critiquing, and mentoring in visual design, interaction design, UX
writing, and animation.
● Uses deep knowledge of design with influential communication skills to make organizational change
● Has the heart of a teacher and the bravery to give direct but kind feedback.
● Holds themselves and the team they serve accountable for design quality and delivery.
● Sets high goals for themselves and the teams they coach.
● Pushes themself and their team to exceed their goals while learning and coaching along the way
At a minimum, you have...
● 7 years of product design or equivalent experience
● 3+ years of experience as a design lead and managing a team
● Holds a bachelor's degree in design or a design-related field, or has equivalent work experience
● Experience with e-commerce. Working within subscriptions is a plus.
● Knowledge of rapid business or service innovation skills, such as Google Sprint methodology
● Mastery of Sketch. Knowledge of Abstract, animation tools a plus.
● Willing to travel 20-40%, including traveling outside of the US
● Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
● Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
● $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
● 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
● Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
● Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
● Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic
information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.