At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 14 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London, Amsterdam and Copenhagen and shipping out more than 250 Million meals in 2019. Our more than 5,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
HelloFresh is in a growth phase, making it a great time to join! We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us. Come join us and help take HelloFresh to the next level.
About the job
We’re looking for a new Senior HR Business Partner (m/f/x) for our Global Tech department (Engineering and Digital Product) in our Berlin Headquarters. The role is in our Global People Team and reports directly to the VP People.
You will serve as a critical bridge between the business and People Team, working directly with managers and our Tech senior leadership team as a strategic partner, trusted guide, performance coach and change agent.
As strategic partner and trusted guide you help our leaders as they lead their teams to achieving their business goals. You support them to develop people solutions relating to business challenges. As performance coach and change agent you support tech managers and employees with the most relevant initiatives to succeed in their roles at HelloFresh. In this role you will also be leading a small team of two (Junior) HR Business Partners who will assist you in supporting our Tech organisation and ensuring a high level of success with all initiatives. Specifically, in this role you:
- Independently drive organizational change, improve processes and implement HR best practices in alignment with the business goals to increase efficiency and effectiveness,
- Partner with senior management to provide solutions for all multifaceted People issues,
- Understand the business strategy and challenges of the Tech department in order to define the people strategy and respective Tech HR priorities together with the VP People,
- Deliver on key HR initiatives such as workforce planning, performance and talent management,
- Coach our managers in a range of people skills to ensure we retain and develop our key talent,
- Identify training needs and introduce new training formats in close collaboration with our L&D department,
- Leverage the full potential of People Analytics data to drive change and proactively support your key stakeholders,
- Work closely with the wider People team to improve work relationships, maintain morale and increase productivity.
Who we’re looking for
- Min. 3-5 years relevant HR Business Partnering (or very similar) experience, preferably within a high-growth tech environment,
- Bachelors or Masters degree with excellent marks in HR/Organizational Development, Psychology, Business or another related field of study,
- Proven track record in independently planning, developing and implementing various People projects (i.e. performance management, employee engagement, workforce planning) across the entire employee lifecycle,
- Fluency in English is a must (German a huge plus),
- Min. 1 year experience of managing a team.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Feel at home in a fast-paced and demanding environment that develops quickly every day,
- Be able to take ownership and act autonomously, but work effectively with the entire People team leveraging your collaborative strengths,
- Be an expert communicator with high emotional intelligence,
- Come with strong analytical skills, a good business sense and the ability to deliver hands-on and pragmatic solutions in a constantly changing environment,
- Have strong organizational skills, be able to handle multiple tasks and projects at once,
- Be a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Be Tech-savvy, professional skills with the entire Office/Google suites (specifically Excel, G-Sheets),
- Possess at least basic knowledge of labour regulations in Germany.
What we offer
- The chance to have a meaningful impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe by both impacting our tech organisation and the People Team agenda,
- Very high visibility throughout the organization,
- A vibrant, international environment,
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career,
- Competitive compensation package,
- Sabbatical policy,
- Benefit from our selection of employee perks (significant reduction on your HelloFresh boxes, discount on the HelloFresh GO vending machines, HelloFresh Pension Scheme, free German classes, Geek Friday, discounts for our neighboring Fitness Studio & Urban Sports Club, annual budget for training and development initiatives, weekly Yoga Classes, Summer & Winter Party).
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date.