Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is seeking to hire a proactive, business-oriented, and tech-savvy product/marketing attorney with strong drafting and negotiation skills. This role will have primary responsibility for a variety of marketing, product, commercial and tech matters. You will play an important role in shaping policies in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives as we continue to scale our legal team.
You will ...
- Help lead the legal team’s review and oversight of marketing and advertising initiatives across all channels.
- Advise on new product launches and related initiatives.
- Support senior members of the Legal department to counsel our senior management team & in-house clients on a variety of general corporate and commercial legal issues for business matters pertaining to the organization.
- Gather information and make recommendations on legal issues involving the organization’s government & regulatory compliance.
- Analyze legal data, access risk, and propose appropriate legal action to be taken based on your review
- Draft and propose negotiation terms for various contracts, including marketing, online advertising, mar-tech, SAAS, strategic partnerships, and other service level agreements.
- Participate in relationships with and ensure cost-effective use of external counsel.
- Some litigation with external counsel and potentially provide support on the company’s behalf.
- A business-minded lawyer, with an ability to translate legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and the type of person that thrives on change and new challenges
- A quick learner, able to acquire working knowledge on entirely new subjects within a short timeframe, with sound judgment regarding when to request external support
At a minimum, you have...
- A J.D. with outstanding academic credentials. Overall at least 6+ years of company in-house law experience or at a leading law firm. Experience in-house at a high-growth (ideally consumer-facing or e-commerce) company not required but a strong plus.
- Previous experience in a product, marketing, media and/or advertising law role strongly preferred
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State Bar, Colorado State Bar or another state bar.
- Ability to independently research and propose creative solutions that will allow HelloFresh to efficiently scale our legal & compliance framework during a time of rapid expansion
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran. #zr