What you’ll do
- As an Engineering Manager you will be actively contributing to the codebase and managing a cross-functional team of engineers.
- You will be responsible for making your team effective. Making sure that tech debt is defined and actively addressed, quality standards are continuously improved, and best practices are followed.
- Enable quick and accurate decision making within the team by facilitating discussions, as well as driving the team to be more autonomous and self-sufficient.
- You will coach, mentor, and further grow and develop engineers on your team.
- As the manager of the team, you are expected to provide valuable and timely feedback to your team, as well as conduct regular performance reviews.
- You will be reporting directly to a Director of Engineering and you will be working closely with them on topics as hiring and capacity planning.
What you’ll bring
- You are an experienced software engineer who still contributes to the code, but also maintains an awareness of the bigger picture.
- You have experience managing at least one cross-functional team in an agile environment (3-5 Engineers).
- You have a great understanding and working knowledge of building scalable, Service Oriented Architectures.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly, listen and show empathy.
- You are a self-organized individual, with focus and ability to prioritise your workload using business data and metrics.
- You can use creativity to solve complex problems.
- You are a humble leader, who is able to motivate a team and drive them to their full potential.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.