At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal and we have launched facilities across Canada and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and strategy-driven procurement expert who is looking to take on the challenge of revolutionizing our end-to-end sourcing process. Reporting to the Senior Director, Procurement, you will develop and implement cross-category strategic sourcing processes, contract/vendor management practices, and drive other areas of continuous improvement. We are looking for a hands-on, numbers-driven leader with a focus on impact and action. You will have decision making authority that will impact the entire company.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a team of category managers (ingredients and packaging) in Canada; coach and mentor peer managers and procurement leads
- Develop and implement standardized strategic sourcing practices across all ingredient and packaging categories
- Oversee and develop a comprehensive set of supplier/contract management processes, including systems and tools
- Leverage internal/external networks and industry benchmarks to understand, recommend, and implement best practices that optimize processes, reduce risk, and increase profitability
- Manage supply risk by building/fortifying a supplier base in alignment with company objectives and values, and emerging product needs
- Determine when additional or alternate sources are required, and implement proactive strategies to minimize product flow disruptions
- Develop procurement analytics frameworks (including market, supplier, and SKU analysis) to identify/prioritize opportunities for cost reduction
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, both internally and externally with our vendors, through data-driven reporting, effective project management, use of retrospectives, and by identifying new capabilities and processes that drive efficiency and improve our cost structure
- Key focus areas will include: vendor negotiations, quality improvement, vendor scorecard management, new product development, claims management, team structure, etc.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and partner with our supply chain team, our distribution centres across Canada, and our project delivery teams to drive both immediate and sustained benefits to the company and our customers
- Be the subject matter expert in all things related to procurement and strategic sourcing
At a minimum, you have:
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain or related discipline; CPM certification a plus; MBA a plus
- At least 8 years of experience in strategic sourcing and/or management consulting
- Deep knowledge and interest in strategic sourcing and continuous improvement processes
- Experience managing and leading a team of direct and indirect reports
- The ability to build and effectively communicate a strategic plan to employees at all levels within an organization
- Quantitative and analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including expertise with G-Suite, Excel, Tableau, and procurement systems
- Obsessed with food!
- An innovative and strategic thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit - you make things happen
- A negotiations expert with strong financial acumen and a comprehensive understanding of industry best practices
- An analytical problem solver who uses data to drive decisions
- Proactive and accountable: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change and limited direction
- Comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching consequences
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office - work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to have fun and hold all-staff events for holidays, occasions, and milestone celebrations
- We’re a social group even remotely - from team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays, there’s always something happening for you to participate in
- Our delicious recipes are tested in the office, and you can grab a bite (or a plate)! Otherwise, there’s a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks.
While our HQ is working remotely at the moment, we’ve kept the work-hard, play-hard energy up virtually!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.