At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we have seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active and growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal, and we have launched facilities across Canada and have recently added Chef’s Plate to our team!
If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact and make a difference every single day then join us and become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
- Be responsible for directing and supervising a group of employees involved in warehouse operations procedures with regard to receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, and logistics
- Plan and assign work of subordinates, establishing goals, and holding team accountable for achieving.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction.
- Regularly required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production in order to collaborate and solve problems.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer and type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets)
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- High School Diploma, post-secondary education preferred
- 5+ years experience in a high volume receiving role or high volume food service environment
- Must have experience leading a complex team
- Experience working with produce is a requirement
- Experience working in a warehouse environment/shipping and receiving
- The ability to operate motorized hand trucks
- Forklift, Reach Truck or Stacker Operator license is ideal, but we will train the right candidates
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Overtime, weekend, evening and holiday work, as required
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing and able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without accommodation
- Must be willing and able to stand/walk for up to 8 hours with or without reasonable accommodation