The International Category Manager, E-Commerce will shape the launch of the new role and e-commerce function for HelloFresh International, and across the local markets. This person will play a pivotal role in developing the strategy, launch and development of new and existing products across several categories and markets. They will drive key decisions around product assortment, pricing, promotions, and positioning within the categories. This role is highly cross functional with exposure to several departments both internationally and locally (Marketing, Procurement, Tech, Ops, FSQA).
What you'll do
- Product Strategy: develop the product strategy for the category that optimizes uptake & profit, based on customer, competitor, & market insights; identify opportunities for new product launches, and optimize the assortment of existing products
- New Product Scoping: Work closely with the strategic buyer on driving the product brief with suppliers, leveraging the customer base & promotional activity to generate excitement and best pricing
- Product & Assortment Management: lead regular analysis and performance reviews of the products & make recommendations on assortment based on profitability & customer feedback
- Communications & Positioning Strategy: Work closely with International CRM and marketing leads to promote the category and test copy, and communication to most effectively bring these products to life
- Performance analysis & tracking: track and undergo regular analysis & reporting on the performance of the product, communications, and tech to guide any recommendations on improvements
- Drive regular analysis & deep dives on various business initiatives to inform decisions ranging from packaging changes, importing scenarios, etc.
- Work closely with tech UX to test merchandising & pricing experiments within the category to optimize for uptake and profitability
- Manage local stakeholders on performance reviews, action plans & portfolio changes based on analysis and recommendations
What you'll bring
- Analytical: you can tackle vague, complex problems using data and logic
- Adaptable: you’re a quick learner who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Collaborative: you can work with multiple stakeholders to accomplish a shared goal
- Scrappy: you can quickly make sense of ambiguous situations, roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Entrepreneurial: you’re able to prioritize and manage your own workflow, and you’re not afraid to take on responsibility and make real business impact
- Detail-oriented: you’re careful and thorough in accomplishing tasks
- A degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Economics or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in an entrepreneurial role in finance, consulting, at a startup, or a related field
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing data into clear, actionable insights
- Experience managing projects that involve input from multiple stakeholders
- Strong MS Excel ability
- CPG or E-Commerce experience is a plus
- Already based in Berlin or willing to move there, with possibility to travel to other HelloFresh locations
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.