At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
HelloFresh Canada is looking for an experienced Production Planner & Scheduler to create, maintain, and monitor the weekly production plan, daily schedule and staffing requirements. You will report to the Site Lead and collaborate closely with Team Members and the Planning team to optimize capacity utilization, improve on-time deliveries, and drive continuous improvement initiatives related to production efficiencies and downtime.
What you will be doing:
- Leverage demand forecast and historical performance data to create weekly capacity plans and daily production schedules; coordinate with Procurement, Workforce Analyst, Production and Logistics teams to ensure streamlined and reliable operations
- Balance and adjust production plan as appropriate to maximize on time delivery and production efficiencies
- Evaluate and determine estimated production line set-ups, cycle times, and work center hours & set a standard for labor & production planning in the Distribution Centre
- Collaborate with Team Members to perform root cause analysis and deliver corrective actions to address plan reliability issues and bottlenecks, including but not limited to equipment, personnel, and material availability
- Track variances to plan and related performance metrics; and recommend the appropriate adjustments to the production plan and schedule to meet operational targets
- Provide data-driven insights during production and operations planning meetings
- Coordinate with Workforce Analyst to ensure optimal staffing levels for 24/7 operations
- Chair daily production and shift hand-off meetings with Production Supervisors and Workforce Analyst to communicate weekly, daily, and hourly production targets and scheduling changes/adjustments
- Attend cross functional huddles; identify and mitigate supply risks and ensure materials are inbound in time to meet production requirements
- Optimize plans for best quality output for the customer
At minimum, you have:
- 4+ years supply planning, manufacturing and/or supply chain experience with a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business or a related field
- APICS CSCP certification preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and Excel skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Drive and self-motivation. We seek a potential leader who competes to win and have the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business and lives of our employees
- An effective collaborator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, and delivers fast and well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments able to prioritize and meet budgets deadlines and achieve objectives;
- Availability to work weekend schedules and cold facilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Calendar, Gmail, Docs, Sheets), and video conferencing (Hangouts Meet)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities for professional learning, development, and growth
- Working with a fun, entrepreneurial and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.