At HelloFresh Canada (HF), we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents.
Our business continues to grow and we are seeking motivated and driven individuals to support our rapid scaleup in Canada.
About the Role
HelloFresh Canada is looking for an Operational Excellence Engineer to improve our current production processes, tools, and systems with the goal of increasing efficiency, improving quality, and reducing waste in the Distribution Centre. Reporting to the Director of Production, this hands-on role provides an exciting opportunity to define, manage and own your projects; work closely with a variety of cross-functional local and international teams in the HelloFresh family; and drive meaningful impact at work.
- Focus on continuous improvement of production quality, efficiency and asset utilization
- Scope, manage and deliver operational excellence initiatives to improve processes, controls, and systems and achieve operational targets
- Conduct value-stream mapping, data analysis, and benchmarking to identify process bottlenecks/pain points, develop business insights, and identify opportunities for performance improvement
- Design and develop standard processes leveraging Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodologies; Create flow diagrams, procedures, and work instructions, and one point lessons to support new process implementation
- Drive change and process transformations by facilitating communications, pilot roll-out, training and coaching of production staff on-site
- Collaborate with Vendors, Suppliers, and CA and Global cross-functional Team Members to define and deliver required system and data changes
- Collaborate with Product and Production Teams to support new production launches in the Distribution Centre
- Facilitate FMEA and RCCA workshops and continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events, process walkthroughs) with Production team members
- Build self-sufficient knowledge in the use of HelloFresh production and supply chain tools, systems, and processes
- Implement Key Performance Indicators and dashboards to monitor performance; Ensure sustained process adoption by conducting process audits and resolving barriers to implementation
- 4+ years supply planning, manufacturing and/or supply chain experience with a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Business or a related field
- Good understanding of warehouse and manufacturing processes and control systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and Excel skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
- Drive and self-motivation. We seek a potential leader who competes to win and have the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business and lives of our employees
- An effective collaborator and communicator, who empowers and enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, and delivers fast and well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments able to prioritize and meet budgets deadlines and achieve objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and successfully leverage internal and external resources
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Availability to travel as needed
- Availability to work weekend schedules and cold facilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Calendar, Gmail, Docs, Sheets), and video conferencing (Hangouts Meet)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh boxes
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities for professional learning, development, and growth
- Working with a fun, entrepreneurial and supportive team
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!