As an Associate Director - Business Intelligence, you will be in charge of hiring, training and retaining high performing and satisfied BI and analytics professionals at HelloFresh. You will act across multiple business units and geographies to spread working methods and knowledge, ensuring that all BI and data analytics professionals are enabled to bring their A game and to deliver highly qualitative outputs. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and to have a great impact on the organization.
What you’ll do
- Create a community for all BI and data analysts at HelloFresh, with the objective to enable knowledge sharing, high performance and development.
- Set up structures that enable our large chapter to scale (12+ teams, 40+ members) and identify and engage ambassadors as a relay for the chapter.
- Define standard working methods and processes for BI and analytics, and have them implemented in all the data teams. These standards will include requirement gathering, dashboard development and deployment processes, test and QA processes, documentation, etc.
- Support our local data teams (spread across 8 geographies) in increasing their data maturity by ensuring that all the standards defined for global teams are also implemented locally.
- Punctually support data teams with specific data challenges or significant changes.
- Coach and mentor some chapter members who are on a fast growth trajectory or who need extra support.
- Ensure that our data teams have access to a great pool of BI and data analytics professionals by setting up a centralized hiring pipeline and interviewing process.
- Participate to performance reviews for the chapter members
- Support employee retention by providing growth opportunities to the chapter members, for example by facilitating horizontal moves from one data team to another
What you’ll bring
- You bring extensive experience and expertise in business intelligence and analytics
- You have a track record of defining and sharing best practices across an organization
- You navigate well through a complex organization and a changing environment
- You have coached or mentored team members in previous roles, to support their career growth
- You are interested in building communities and bring a long term impact to the organization
- You are willing to implement change and improvements when seeing an opportunity
- You are always keeping up to date with the latest industry developments in the Business Intelligence and analytics field
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.