Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result. As the Senior HR Manager for the HelloFresh DC location, you would be responsible for partnering with the Operations leaders to create and drive the culture for the entire location.
Job Description: Senior Manager, Human Resources - People Operations
- Own and drive core HR functions, ensuring to align initiatives, programs, and projects to business drivers and company strategy.
- Build a performance-driven culture through the development and implementation of consistent performance management coaching and counseling techniques.
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and needs, gain insights from employee off-boarding and exit interviews.
- Manage front-line HR operations support to employees, compensation support and communication, on-boarding/off-boarding, leave management & workers' compensation, benefits administration, HR data management, employee relations, immigration and reporting.
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures partnering with Employee Relations and legal on any agency charge responses.
- Manage a small team consisting of our Senior Associate, Associate, and office coordinator.
- Provide training support to all levels of employees.
- Meet with the Management team to understand business goals and anticipate future staffing needs.
- Proactively develop and implement alternative staffing sources.
- Proactively strategize with management to recruit new hires based on production requirements.
- Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and employees regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, coaching and corrective action, leaves of absence, development plans and terminations.
- Conduct interventions, fact-findings and resolves conflicts as they arise.
- Deliver, monitor, coach and guides technical and nontechnical training for Distribution Center Supervisors and non-exempt associates.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- A positive attitude and are able to engage with employees with confidence and credibility, even if you don't always have the answer in the immediate moment.
- You are extremely organized and you have a great ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- 5+ years in an HR role, with a depth of experience in HR operations, benefits, compensation, and HR data management.
- Experience handling employee relations issues and coaching managers.
- Experience with benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), and performance reviews.
- Knowledge of HR/labor laws, including CA law.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- HRCI/SHRM certified, PHRca preferred
- Master's in Human Resources/Organizational Psychology preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, HR metrics and reporting and Google Suites.
- Be an innovative, strategic thinker who can effectively leverage data to improve efficiency in a production focused operational environment
- Excellent follow through, judgment, and common sense. "Make it happen" attitude.
- Exceptional written and verbal/nonverbal skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
- Have a track record as a successful change agent who has leveraged an HR Business partner model to transform operations through people
- A highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to partner with and influence key business leaders and build high functioning teams
- Ability to develop and execute a proactive employee and labor relations strategy focused on building leadership skills to promote employee engagement
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.