As Associate Director of International Procurement you will join a fantastic Operations team at one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. You will tackle tough challenges and work with our suppliers around the world on value-creating solutions. The position is ideally based in Berlin.
What you’ll do
- Strategic development and optimization of our produce and fruit supplier network across our various markets
- Vendor selection and leading supplier negotiations across categories
- Lead supplier development projects across geographies
- Find and implement cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes and by improving processes in different countries
- Define and implement best-in-class practices within the operational country organizations around the world
- Maintain and improve business relationships with key suppliers
- Establish and implement KPI’s to help the procurement & purchasing functions to improve their operations
- Lead small category management team in Berlin + coordinate growing global landscape with 7+ indirect reports
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from top-tier college or university, preferably in business or supply-chain management
- At least 5 years of strategic procurement experience, preferably in the fresh produce sector, food retail, or alternatively as a management consultant with a focus on supply-chain management
- Strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in flexible team structures around the world
- Proven track-record of successful complex negotiations with external partners
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with the ability to take the initiative, work independently and drive implementation
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent command of the English language is a must. Additional languages (especially Spanish, Italian, and Dutch) are a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.