Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 8 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 14 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Data Science Intern, you’ll join the Au OpsTech team and will be working on refactoring our forecasting engine. In this role you will work closely with our forecast analysts and software engineering squads to de-couple and refactor forecasting models into its standalone pluggable modules.
- Work in a cross-functional team typically consists of a product owner, 4-6 software engineers, and a quality automation engineer.
- Use agile methodologies, DevOps and continuous delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
- De-couple forecasting model into its standalone pluggable Python module, refactor logic to use data frames and matrices.
- Write unit test cases and E2E test suits, create test input and output datasets, and automate the testing of forecasting models.
- Continuously improve your craft by applying various software engineering best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Strong hands-on programming experience using Python, Pandas, NumPy, etc.
- Good understanding of software design patterns and test-driven development.
- Familiarity with Python ORMs: Django, SqlAlchemy, PeeWee.
- Build and Deploy forecasting models using Jupyter Notebooks.
- You know how to create reusable Python modules and packages.
- Basic understanding and knowledge in REST APIs, API security patterns, GraphQL, etc.
- Have used one or more database technologies - Postgres, Redis, MangoDB, etc.
- Any knowledge of DevOps and AWS services is highly desirable particularly Terraform.
- Positive and can do attitude
- Creative at solving problems
- Obsessed with helping people
- Team-player, living and breathing as team
- Willing to learn about retail, food, recipes, logistics, customer care, warehouses, etc.
What you’ll get in return...
- Growth opportunity in a large global engineering organization (400+ engineers).
- Opportunities to lateral move from one technology hub to another
- Significant reduction on our meal kits, 70 % off from your first day
- HelloFresh Academies, monthly internal learning & development
- Continuous development including external courses
- Sabbatical policy
- Flexible working arrangements available
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 14 countries
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
Location: Chippendale Head Office - currently partly working from home
Start Date: Immediately
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.