Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As a Senior Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed services that process data in batch and real-time with a focus on scalability, data quality, and business requirements. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and building a self-serve data platform.
- Build reusable technology that enables teams to capture, process, store, and serve their data products in an easy way
- Build and maintain complex and scalable ETL pipelines
- Work closely with the data infrastructure team
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders such as Marketing, Product Analytics, etc.
- Drive data quality and governance
At a minimum you have…
- Extensive experience in Software Engineering and the ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code with Python
- Previously worked on OOP and design patterns
- Ability to deliver scalable production-ready solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Apache Spark, Hive, and Kafka
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena)
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing solutions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to build effective communication structures in a fast-growing engineering organization
- Exceptional technical background and a demonstrated clear impact on achieving business goals
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, and quick iterations
- If you have experience in Machine Learning that is a big plus
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- When in office; snacks, cold brew & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.