Here at HelloFresh, we’re passionate about bringing dinner inspiration to everyday Australians. With 9 years of service under our belt, we are the market leader in the growing world of meal kit delivery services, operating in 14 different countries.
As we continue to deliver fresh, seasonal ingredients and delicious, wholesome recipes to our customers, we see our inspired community of empowered home-cooks continue to grow, and you could be a part of it!
Are you energetic and motivated with a team focus? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth environment? If you're looking for a role that lets you make an impact every single day, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) you will take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices powering our supply chain management (SCM) platform. You’ll partner with the product owner to define the product delivery roadmap and help your team to build great products. You will set and ensure the upholding of high standards in engineering practices, across all domains (quality, reliability, scalability, customer focus, etc.). Based in Sydney SCM engineering hub, you will be part of the global SCM engineering tribe.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop.
- Actively contribute to the codebase, performing code reviews, acting as quality gatekeeper, and apply new design patterns.
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Helm charts, Istio, Airflow, and more.
- Coach and mentor squad team members through workshops, pair/mob programming, technical spikes, katas, and code reviews.
- Provide valuable and timely feedback to your team members, as well as share inputs for regular performance reviews.
- Develop new product features backed by scalable technical solution designs which are catered for a global audience from day-one.
- Set and ensure the upholding of high standards in engineering practices, across all domains (quality, reliability, scalability, customer focus, etc.)
- You will ensure your team is following our way of working and maintaining a high code health score for owned codebases.
- You will work closely with the product owner and your team to plan sprints, refine the backlog, and estimate the stories.
- You will be responsible for the timely delivery of your team’s initiatives, objectives (OKRs) and strategic goals.
- Use agile methodologies, DevOps and continuous delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
- Continuously improve your craft by applying various software engineering best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Collaborate with Squad lead and Staff Engineers in your tribe and across the HelloTech to continuously improve our code base, systems and processes design.
- Take ownership of hiring, inspiring, managing,your team; ensuring every team member has adequate growth opportunities.
- Helped your team to build great products while ensuring engineering excellence.
- Relentless focus and drive to improve software quality & reliability, reduce complexity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels including non-technical people.
- Successfully implemented TDD and DDD at scale and have scars to prove it.
- Experience in end-to-end agile software development and delivery process.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns and test-driven development.
- Familiar with development workflows: Trunk-based development and feature toggles.
- Developed a complex suite of unit tests, integration tests, API tests and automate them.
- Have worked with Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes/Compose.
- Experience in CI/CD methods and practices - using Jenkins, Concourse CI, etc.
- Strong understanding and knowledge in REST APIs, security patterns, GraphQL, etc.
- Have used one or more database technologies - Postgres, Redis, MangoDB, etc.
- Any knowledge of DevOps and AWS services is highly desirable particularly Terraform.
- Any prior experience with domain-driven design & event-driven architecture desirable.
- Positive and can do attitude
- Creative at solving problems
- Obsessed with helping people
- Team-player, living and breathing as team
- Willing to learn about retail, food, recipes, logistics, customer care, warehouses, etc.
What you’ll get in return...
- Growth opportunity in a large global engineering organisation (400+ engineers).
- Opportunities to lateral move from one technology hub to another
- Significant reduction on our meal kits, 70 % off from your first day
- HelloFresh Academies, monthly internal learning & development
- Continuous development including external courses
- Sabbatical policy
- Flexible working arrangements available
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 14 countries
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
Location: Chippendale Head Office - currently partly working from home
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $110,000 - $125,000
We are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
To put it simply, everyone is welcome at our table.