Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Our Backend Engineers assume development and operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Participate in bi-weekly Chapter Days to take part in exploratory initiatives and to share knowledge and trends with the engineering department
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, and more
At a minimum you have…
- Solid back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Golang
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- As well as experience in CI/CD methods and practices
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD and distributed architectural patterns
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration
- Experience working with relational and document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- When in office; snacks, cold brew & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.