At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
As a Senior Product Owner, you’ll report to the Director of Product, and take complete ownership of critical business KPIs and will be expected to add real value to our end customers and internal stakeholders, in order to allow for faster growth and market expansion. You will be the customer voice of the scrum team and work closely with delivery teams to translate vision and ideas into features, detailed requirements and acceptance criteria. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. Ability to focus on the highest value initiatives, identify solutions, and make quick decisions are core skill sets to this position.
- Support the creation of the product vision and roadmap, while providing clear direction to a cross-functional, agile team of Engineers, Product Designers, and Technical Program Managers
- Assess and make recommendations on business opportunities for improvement in automation and efficiency of our Operations
- Work closely with senior leaders and our global team, while taking a data-driven approach, to prioritize the product backlog according to the business value and ROI
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to plan product releases
- Research, define and recommend solid specifications of features for new and current products
- Help develop product vision for the Scrum teams.
- Manage and groom the product backlog, create actionable user stories, write and execute acceptance tests while defining acceptance criteria.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and influence sprint goals and commitments.
- Collect and analyze feedback from internal stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Make creative recommendations to expand the product base and vision.
At a minimum, you have:
- 4+ years of product management experience and experience with Agile framework methodology.
- Track record of creative problem solving and the desire to influence new products.
- You have an innate ability to put yourself in the stakeholders’ shoes and develop products with their needs in mind.
- Demonstrated experience eliciting feedback from customers and stakeholders through interviews, surveys, testing, and other discovery methods and distilling the results into action items.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and influencing the organization.
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects and operating as the go-to resource for the engineering organization, customer support team, and all stakeholders.
- Experience in product lifecycle management.
- Experience managing multiple projects and balancing priorities.
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When We Return to The Office:
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.