At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
HelloFresh delivers “cook from scratch” meal plans straight to your door, with easy to follow recipe cards and high quality, pre-portioned fresh ingredients—saving time and money that you can instead spend with your loved ones!
HelloFresh is the world's leading meal kit company and is expanding rapidly. Founded in November 2011, HelloFresh now operates in the U.S., the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada. HelloFresh delivers millions of meals to millions of customers across the globe and is listed on the German Stock Exchange in Frankfurt.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Designer who can take on projects from discovery through to delivery. From working hand-in-hand with our research team, ideating, creating striking concepts, fleshing out design work, and executing on behalf of our worldwide customers. In this user-facing role, you will design experiences that will set the tone of the relationship our customers will have with our new brands under HelloFresh (Chefs Plate, EveryPlate, Green Chef). If you are a passionate designer looking for a challenge with a world-class company operating in fourteen countries, we would love to hear from you!
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our worldwide customers
- Learn from your colleagues in a vibrant and growing design community how to best tackle our business and customer challenges
- Explore issues, flows, and the ways our customers use the website and apps
- Partner with product owners, engineers, researchers, and UX writers/content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some!)
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Craft interactive design prototypes for customer feedback
- Give, receive, and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
At minimum, you have:
- 2-4 years of hands-on work experience creating digital product experiences for a worldwide audience
- Experience using Figma and Sketch. Use of Abstract and Protopie is a plus
- Strong ability to manage and communicate with stakeholders at different levels
- Demonstrated strategic product design thinking and vision in your portfolio
- A desire to work autonomously in a self-directed design team
- Passion for bridging the strategic product thinking into end-to-end UX and UI product design work
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- Amazing discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes!
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.