We are looking for someone to join our Global Business Intelligence team in Berlin. As part of the central data department, our team provides business intelligence products and service on overarching business topics focusing on finance, commercial and business development. More specifically, our team is looking to fully automate revenue and profit contribution reporting to the lowest level of granularity and detail.
What you'll do
As a member of the Global Business Intelligence team, you will:
- Actively support various departments such as our finance and commercial teams by turning raw data into actionable business insights to maximise the performance of existing and new HelloFresh entities.
- Investigate and thoroughly document how core business processes interact with our data landscape with the end goal of providing fully transparent, qualitative and granular revenue and cost data.
- Analyse and report on the profitability of our product portfolio to help us steer the business most profitably.
- Support strategic projects as a crucial project member by owning data related work streams and ensure high-quality data insights
- Collect and challenge business requirements to define and create impactful analyses, reports and dashboards.
- Work closely with our data engineers, investigate and reconcile various data sources, and support data quality issues’ troubleshooting.
- Guide your counterparts in our 14 local markets in adopting centrally created dashboards and working methods. You will also ensure that standard cost reporting procedures are duly documented and implemented and actively contribute to improving these procedures.
- Participate in cross-functional data initiatives to ensure our data and reporting landscape is always keeping up with the transformation of our business.
- Consult with business stakeholders to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business
What you'll bring
- You have gained extensive professional experience in a data-intensive role such as business intelligence or data analytics, ideally in a multi-entities and multi-currency environment.
- You have excellent SQL skills and are proficient with at least one data visualisation tool (Tableau, Looker, etc.). Knowledge of python is a plus.
- You have a working knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and month-end closing processes, or a strong willingness to learn.
- You are organised, pragmatic and above all, solution-oriented
- You are creative and understand that data visualisation and dashboard structure is akin to storytelling...finding the best ways to comport messages motivates you
- You have strong analytical skills, including the ability to summarise quantitative concepts into a digestible format
- You are able to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and clearly communicate data insights.
- You have proven your ability to build accurate, meaningful reports of varied data sources based on business needs and requirements.
- You are always looking for a better, more efficient way to complete your own and the team’s tasks.
- You are able to manage priorities simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- You are a team player. You thrive in an extensive international and geographically dispersed team.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.