We are looking for someone to join our Global Business Intelligence team in Berlin. As part of the central data department, our team provides business intelligence products and service on overarching business topics focusing on finance, commercial and business development. More specifically, our team is looking to fully automate revenue and profit contribution reporting to the lowest level of granularity and detail.
What you'll do
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to drive large-scale business intelligence projects successfully. As a senior member of the Global Business Intelligence team, you will:
- You will champion developing a common understanding and reporting of profit contribution performance across HelloFresh business units and geographies
- You will analyze, challenge and improve the definition of our profit contribution key metrics and ensure their correct implementation across the HelloFresh reporting landscape
- You will define, recommend and drive the execution of initiatives to ensure 100% compliant, transparent and granular revenue and cost reporting
- You will drive the process mapping of revenue and profit contribution reporting and reconciliation processes to identify opportunities for process streamlining and automation.
- You will directly contribute and lead the initiative's execution with hands-on efforts in data analysis and the development of reports and dashboards
- You will be alert to the business strategy and the business department’s priorities, identifying opportunities and proactively recommending data initiatives to support the business
- Support strategic projects as a crucial project member by owning data related work streams and ensure high-quality data insights
- You will closely collaborate with our Finance, Ops, Product and Tech teams and 14 local markets
- You will understand our core business processes and how they interact with our tools and data environment to derive implications for our business intelligence projects
- You will collaborate with our data engineers to ensure the correct implementation of data transformation and business rules in our data pipelines
- Consult with business stakeholders to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business and learn why customers are asking for data and what their underlying questions and business goals are
What you'll bring
- You have gained extensive professional experience with business intelligence or a similar role in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to summarise quantitative concepts into a digestible format
- Working knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and month-end closing processes, or a strong willingness to learn
- You can leverage hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and clearly communicate data insights
- Ability to communicate clearly, listen and show empathy as a foundation for effective collaboration
- Proficiency with SQL and at least one data visualisation tool (Tableau, Looker). Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- You are always looking for a better, more efficient way to complete your own and the team’s tasks.
- Ability to manage priorities simultaneously and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding and analytical environment
- You are a team player. You thrive in an extensive international and geographically dispersed team.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on a wide variety of challenging problems. The result is a high output where we constantly build and release features and engines that make our business thrive, allowing us to deliver real financial impact.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.