As the Offline Art Director, HelloFresh, you will be an integral part of our in-house creative team. Your main focus will be on the design development and illustration for HelloFresh Group’s Corporate Identities including the HelloFresh brand itself as well as our value and speciality brands. You will lead and manage a team of 5 designers, working closely with the Digital Art Director and Creative Directors, reporting directly to the Director of Creative team.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Lead the offline team across print, packaging design and illustration
- Oversee the implementation of the brand CI in areas of packaging, illustration, iconography, and design templates
- Provides regular guidelines and feedback to offline team to ensure best in class creatives
- Work closely with creative directors as well as internal departments to ensure succinct visual communication
- across all offline assets including, but not limited to print packaging, infographics, graphs and reports
- Build and oversee specialist style guides for the department according to overall brand look and feel based on CI Guidelines
- Drives innovation in packaging styles and build design systems scalable across markets
- Work with creative director and senior graphic designer on OOH campaigns as needed
- Translate brand across multiple touchpoints
- Collaborate with internal teams and departments as well as external agencies within an agile development environment
- Ensure alignment of activities with brand strategy and values
- Champion and drive continuous creative improvement efforts within the team
What you’ll bring
- Relevant university degree in Brand Design, Graphic Design or other related field of study
- 7+ experience in a similar field, agency experience a bonus
- Proven track record of graphic design, and understanding of packaging design, building brands and translating across multiple channels and formats
- A "hands on" approach to art direction, working alongside the team as well as provide coaching and training on a variety of skill sets
- You are a systematic thinker; designing rules, structures and guidelines
- Skills in pre press, art working, design templating, Experience in working for high-growth tech and/or lifestyle brands. FMCG brands are a plus
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter and a great communicator
- Excellent presentation skills and familiarity with working in agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- The chance to have an impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- A vibrant, international environment
- A guaranteed steep learning curve and boost for your career
- Competitive compensation
- Sabbatical policy
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our best-in-class marketers play vital roles in connecting HelloFresh with new and existing customers across the world. Based in Berlin, the data-driven and creative Global Marketing Team pioneers industry-leading research, business insight, CRM, growth marketing and brand communication. The team continuously drives our brand forward through experimentation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.