Come see what’s cookin’!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We are preparing to launch a new company and looking for a well rounded operations superstar for an Operations Manager’s role.
The team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Operations Manager of this new venture you will work directly with the founding team to implement and optimize every aspect of our supply chain. The main function of this role is to coordinate production and fulfillment with our suppliers and partners to ensure timely delivery of boxes to our customers. This role touches on all key aspects of the supply chain, including product and vendor sourcing, inventory management, fulfillment optimization and cost optimization. This role is a good blend of strategy, as it directly supports long term and high impact product development goals for the company, and execution, as it directly drives launch activities of the new venture.
You will ...
- Work with all suppliers to source the best quality products and place orders at the right price
- Work with the founders to define the buying strategy at every stage of growth of the new venture. This will include decisions between spot purchases and annual contracts, as well as defining the right level of intermediation in the supply chain
- Manage inventory levels and ensure proper coverage based on our forecast. You will coordinate product and supplies delivery to our Distribution Centers
- Work closely with our Distribution Centers, Third Party Logistics partners and carriers to ensure timely fulfillment of orders.
- You will manage reporting on key performance indicators and look for ways to improve week over week. You will leverage available data and reports to understand ops performance and drive changes/insights based on those insights
- You will materialize the growth roadmap on the operations front. This includes expanding the product portfolio, opening new distribution centers, and adding more carriers.
- A natural owner - You are super reliable and thoughtful in managing your responsibilities, you care about the outcome and quality of your work and the work of your team, and you earn the trust of your colleagues
- Results-oriented - You apply a sense of urgency to your work; you have a demonstrated hunger and ability to deliver impact. You are a natural hustler with a contagious “can-do” attitude
- A data-driven critical thinker and problem solver - You use data and logic to identify opportunities, diagnose issues, evaluate alternatives, and synthesize and present critical information to solve complex problems
- Intellectually curious - You have an insatiable desire to understand why things are the way they are, how things work, and to challenge the status quo; you search for information and answers in an evolving landscape
- Agile and organized - You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments; you can multitask and prioritize your responsibilities and the responsibilities of others; you demonstrate a methodical approach to all of your work. You are impeccable with your attention to data and detail, time management, and organization.
- A self-starter - You are comfortable working autonomously and are obsessive about producing high quality work; you’re eager to take on new projects without knowing exactly what you will uncover
- A team player - You favor team victories over individual success
At a minimum, you have...
- BA/BS in Business, Management or Engineering with strong academic record
- At least 3 years of operations management
- Exceptional project management skills
- Superior analytical skills and operational modeling capabilities - able to gather, organize, analyze, visualize, and present data to enable decision-making
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, and constantly evolving high-growth environment
- Understanding of the operations, supply chain, and product offering of food direct-to-consumer businesses is a big plus
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave & PTO policy
- Flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- Flexibility to work from home or from our office in Manhattan
- Significant discounts on your subscriptions to brands of HelloFresh Group
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company