Get Cooking at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents.
HelloFresh is looking for an organized, deadline-driven, detail-oriented recipe editor to join their Recipe Card Production Team. The ideal candidate will be able to masterfully update recipes to brand standardization, compose clever culinary copy, and assist with editorial work on new business offerings—all while staying mindful of a tight production workflow and ever-expanding menu.
You will ...
- Copyedit 50+ recipes per week for clarity, accuracy, and proper brand tone
- Write clear and concise recipe titles, subtitles, and web descriptions
- Make updates to in-production content based on recipe tests and consumer reviews
- Assist recipe developers with adherence to editorial guidelines
- Update and maintain editorial style guides
- Work with internal business partners on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality
- Update online recipe cards
- Have an innate love of food and cooking
You are ...
- A true foodie—you find yourself reading cookbooks and scouring social media for the latest culinary trends in your spare time
- An exceptional linguist with a knack for figuring out how to explain the most advanced of culinary methods to novice homecooks
- Expertly skilled in copy editing, proofreading, AP style, and ensuring adherence to style guides
- Superbly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines at once
- A self-starter and truly proactive problem solver who works relentlessly to execute all steps needed until the problem is resolved
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Google Sheets, Excel, project management software, and content management systems
At a minimum, you have ...
- 3-5 years experience in food editorial—culinary degree a plus
- A deep knowledge of a broad range of cuisines, ingredients, and cooking techniques
- Experience assessing photography for culinary accuracy
- Proven research and proofreading skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a Communications-related field
You’ll get …
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company