We at HelloFresh are hungry for more. Because: “We want to change the way people eat. Forever.” Our cooking boxes already make the everyday lives of our customers easier in 16 countries on 3 continents. Every week anew. Our recipe for success? A team full of smart team players, entrepreneurial courage and of course... good taste. We are one of the top 10 employers in the Glassdoor ranking and we are continuing to grow. And to do this, our HelloFresh team needs top talents like you, who love progress and good food just as much as we do.
In order to keep the HelloFresh success story cooking, our DACH Finance Team is looking for a talented and hungry Controller. A diverse group of personalities and thinkers, the Finance Team supports the business by putting on their aprons each day, and you guessed it, crunching the numbers. If you love KPIs, business planning, P&Ls and Balance Sheets as much as we do, then apply today!
As Senior Controller (f/m/d/x) in the DACH Finance team, you are instrumental in ensuring the continuation of our profitable growth story. You leverage your finance acumen to deliver high quality month end closings, create quarterly business plans, drive rolling forecasts and provide top notch analyses. Additionally, you work to generate process improvement across the cluster and serve as a key business partner to Marketing, Operations and Management.
Your Areas of Responsibility
- Co-own the monthly P&L: you put together the monthly financial picture, then provide local and global management with insights into actual versus budget variance. Concurrently, you design and implement MEC improvement processes when needed
- Own the rolling topline forecast: you create and maintain our forecast scenarios in DataBricks, then lead a monthly sync with the Director Finance, Director Growth and CMO. In doing so, you ensure that DACH stays on course and reacts when needed
- Co-own our budget cycles: alongside your Finance colleagues, you work with the DACH operational departments and Global FP&A to develop and defend our annual budget (3 years scope). You revise it quarterly, growing the logic alongside our business
- Act as Business partner: you are a trusted advisor and colleague to the DACH marketing and operations teams. You work with them to create reports, analyses and models. In doing so, you bring transparency to past and future decision making
- Rolling up the sleeves for everything in between: as Senior Controller, you are expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and work cross functionally to find resolutions. This means staying flexible, taking on ad-hoc assignments from management and driving better financial outcomes whenever the need arises
- Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Business Analytics or a similar field
- 3+ years in Controlling or a similar role
- You are fluent in P&Ls, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow statements
- You are competent with SQL
- You have experience budgeting and business planning at a relatively large scale
- You have managed business partners before, including Senior stakeholders
- Translating operations into financial outcomes, then presenting them is fun for you
- You are ready to take responsibility and learn in a very fast paced environment...ambitious deadlines and projects motivate you
- You hold yourself to a high standard of quality and value sparring/ feedback
- You are fluent in English, advanced German language skills would be advantageous
What else we offer you
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest-growing food companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
- A guaranteed steep learning curve & boost for your career through the exchange with senior stakeholders
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package with plenty of room for personal growth
- A feel-good workplace in Berlin-Mitte, working in vibrant, international environment and a motivated team
- An annual budget for individual further training
- Greatly discounted HelloFresh cooking box and HelloFreshGO products plus free food
- Fitness programs such as office yoga and discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Company pension scheme, flexible working hours and sabbatical policy
- Regular team events, company parties and Friday beers
- Windows or Apple equipment (depending on preference)
You're hungry for more?
Apply now with your complete application documents, gladly also without a photo and without stating nationality, marital status, gender, religion or other discriminatory characteristics. Language certificates and documents for residence and work permits can be submitted with your application.
HelloFresh lives diversity. We are proud of the different backgrounds, abilities and perspectives of each team member and support the personal development on the job. Every personnel decision is based on equal opportunities, on qualifications, performance and requirements of the company and is independent of origin, skin color, religion, political orientation, gender, physical or mental disability or age. With the help of our Diversity & Inclusion Committee and our team-based hiring decisions, we do everything we can to reduce prejudices in the selection.
We are looking forward to meeting you!