HelloFresh's People Operations Team is now looking for a Payroll Manager (m / f / d) who will use their expert knowledge to help think and develop the topic of payroll within a young, rapidly expanding company, and consider this as a strategically important topic within the People Team. As a successful applicant, you will also always have an open ear for the questions of our employees, manage to organize and structure your tasks independently, and support internal team projects.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you'll do
- Ensuring the monthly internal payroll with your colleagues, using the Payroll Engine “Accurat HCM”
- Collecting the necessary data from various sources, plausibility analysis of the data supplied,
- Continuous optimization of the payroll processes and tools, especially driving and implementing proactively checks before and during payroll
- Evaluation of the current month compared to the previous month, reconciliation of the health insurance accounts, ensuring the salary payment run (sending the correct data to the Finance department)
- Maintenance of the personnel data as well as ensuring the data quality in our payroll system "Accurat HCM"
- Creation of statistics, evaluations etc.
- Contact for employees, social security agencies and authorities on questions of income tax and social security law
- Participation in the monthly and annual financial statements as well as in internal and external audits
- Close cooperation with the entire PeopleTeam, especially the PeopleAdmin Team and Finance
- You are part of exciting and different projects for the continuous development of the HR department
- Opportunity to take on management responsibility in expanding our internal payroll team
What you’ll bring
- You have completed a commercial apprenticeship, a successfully completed business degree with a focus on HR, an apprenticeship as a tax clerk or industrial clerk or similar
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in in-house payroll
- You have already successfully carried out payroll projects on your own
- You have a good knowledge of labor, tax and social security law
- Good knowledge of the rules and regulations for mini-jobbers and students
- You are a team player, independent, structured and work extremely conscientiously
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- You are fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
- You have excellent communication skills across all levels of the hierarchy
- First leadership experience is an advantage
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our People team is here to attract and retain the best talent for HelloFresh by providing a best in class employee experience at all stages of the employee lifecycle. Welcoming talented and motivated employees from around the globe, we play an active role in ensuring they have a good start, but stay and grow with us, with employee satisfaction and well-being at the core of what we do. As strategic partners, we help our people managers and leaders as they guide their teams to achieving business goals. Managing the workplace in a way that employees are happy, motivated and productive is as important to us as having an open ear for our employees.
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.