We’re looking for a new Associate Director People Operations (m/f/x) for our People Operations Team in our Berlin Headquarters. The role is in our Global People Team and reports directly to the International VP People Operations helping us to contribute to our ambitious 2021+ strategy that builds on the advanced strategic professionalization of our People Operations function on an international level.
As International Associate Director People Operations (m/f/x) you will be spearheading our People Administration function together with your team leads and a great team of HR professionals to ensure an exceptional employee experience. You will act as a services champion and support our global and local teams on all their administrative requests helping them to thrive and do their best work. Also, you will serve as a critical bridge between the business, our HR Business Partner and Specialist teams and the People Operations team, partnering directly with managers, internal and external stakeholders and our senior leadership team.
Above all, we are looking for inspirational leaders and entrepreneurial minds who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you'll do
- Build on our strong People Operations foundation to establish state of the art standards, processes and tools and optimizing data usage for enhanced organization and people decisions
- Manage, evaluate and train our highly-skilled People Administarations team and support them as their role model to achieve excellence every day
- Develop a highly impactful People Services strategy together with our International VP People Operations and ensure a well-structured and strong execution to best service the different needs of all areas of the business
- Create a smooth and engaging experience for all employees along our key administrative people processes (e.g., with regards to staff contracts, work permits, absences, filing, etc)
- Constantly optimize our processes and procedures to ensure the highest levels of Customer Service within the team are achieved at all times pathing the way to an advanced people services offering internationally
- Redesign and manage workforce and personnel cost analysis to proactively equip colleagues, managers, and executives with key statistics and KPIs on a regular basis
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with all global People team members and important stakeholders in Finance, IT and Legal alike
- Stay at the pulse of time exchanging with external sources, i.e. peer organisations to acknowledge any trends and best practices in people services and markets which could impact upon the business
- Act as a SME / ambassador for HQ as we drive harmonization with international HelloFresh properties and work to integrate / share best practices across teams to ensure a consistent international process and successful People Services launch of new geographies
What you'll bring
- You have 5+ years’ experience in leading a people operations or services function for high-change, high-growth companies
- You are proficient in German Labor Law, Tax and Social Security Regulations
- You are an exceptional, persuasive and motivating leader. Fluent in English and German both written and verbally
- You come with a proven track record of building, leading and developing a customer-focused and high performing People Operations team (internationally)
- You are clearly a strategic thinker and come with strong business sense and analytical skills that manifest in exceptional data-driven decision-making capabilities
- You have proven track record of delivering large-scale, strategic and highly impactful People Operations solutions in a constantly changing environment
- You bring exceptional interpersonal communication skills and a collaborative work style with the ability to build trust and credibility with senior leaders and stakeholders in an international environment
- You are passionate about People Operations topics and possess the ability to be both hands-on and strategic
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 15 countries across 3 continents.
Our People team is here to attract and retain the best talent for HelloFresh by providing a best in class employee experience at all stages of the employee lifecycle. Welcoming talented and motivated employees from around the globe, we play an active role in ensuring they have a good start, but stay and grow with us, with employee satisfaction and well-being at the core of what we do. As strategic partners, we help our people managers and leaders as they guide their teams to achieving business goals. Managing the workplace in a way that employees are happy, motivated and productive is as important to us as having an open ear for our employees.
Our more than 15,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 15,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.