We at HelloFresh are hungry for more. Because: “We want to change the way people eat. Forever.” Our cooking boxes already make the everyday lives of our customers easier in 15 countries on 3 continents. Every week anew. Our recipe for success? A team full of smart team players, entrepreneurial courage and of course... good taste. We are one of the top 10 employers in the Glassdoor ranking and we are continuing to grow. And to do this, our HelloFresh DACH team needs top talents like you, who love progress and good food just as much as we do.
Are you a highly motivated, strategic and analytical person with a proven track record of embedding a quality culture and implementing processes throughout a complex organisation?
As our new Director of Food Safety, Quality Management and Regulatory Compliance DACH (f/m/d/x) you will be part of our Operations team and reporting directly to our VP Operations. You will be accountable for the continuous development and implementation of our food safety & quality management strategy at HelloFresh DACH (DE/AT/CH), from ensuring our products and suppliers meet our stringent requirements, our warehouses operating in accordance to the right standards and ensuring the food safety and regulatory compliance along the whole supply chain. In addition you will closely collaborate with our International FSQA team, driving synergies in risk mitigation and best practice sharing across the HelloFresh group.
Does this sound like you? Join us based at our head office in Berlin!
Your area of responsibility
- Lead, manage & develop a set of motivated and dynamic teams of professionals (QM, QC and Compliance) located across multiple locations, delivering all business targets and legislative requirements
- Set up a multi-site governance structure to ensure high level standards across all distribution centres
- Ensure all FSQA requirements are fully understood, executed, and implemented in all parts of our supply chain - this includes internal stakeholders such as Procurement, Production, Product, Logistics, as well as our supplier landscape and service partners
- Evaluate, develop, realign and communicate our quality and food safety programs to ensure their ongoing effectiveness at risk mitigation & enhanced quality, utilising data analytics to justify change and projects
- Enforce our ethical trading and responsible sourcing guidelines through supply chain and operations as well as at third party labour providers
- Proactively manage supply compliance and performance in collaboration with the procurement team, via robust supplier onboarding, auditing, ongoing monitoring and analysis
- Following the data, whether from audit/customer complaints or root cause analysis - you will develop and implement sustainable corrective/preventative actions
- Build strategic relationships with industry stakeholders & authorities, representing the company when required
- Drive standards and processes throughout our Distribution Centre operations, standardising approach and sharing best practice
- Align with the global FSQA team on shared initiatives as well as contribute to the global FSQA Strategy
- Consult during innovation projects regarding feasibility and compliance
- Keep up to date with new legislation and industry practices ensuring HelloFresh incorporates industry leading thinking in to our systems and processes
- Elevate, drive and embed a food safety and quality culture throughout all teams
- Proven experience in Food Safety and Quality (7+ years), ideally with both manufacturing and retail experience
- Experience building strategies with demonstrated ability to drive and implement change across the organization and remote locations
- Clear track record of developing and implementing programs/projects to improve product quality
- Internal and External Audit experience
- Significant knowledge of German government regulations, including experience working with IFS or other GFSI recognized certifications
- In-depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP
- Team player attitude and genuine interest in the development of your team members
- Continuous improvement & impact maker mindset
- Strong leadership and communication skills as well as best in class stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Superb data analysis capabilities
- Willing to travel up to 30% to our distribution centres (DCs) across Germany and Switzerland
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment, and a can-do flexible attitude
- German and English professional proficiency
What we offer you
- The opportunity to shape and ensure highest standards for our product
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package with plenty of room for personal growth
- A feel-good workplace in Berlin-Mitte with great colleagues
- An annual budget for individual further training and team coaching
- Greatly discounted HelloFresh cooking box and HelloFreshGO products plus free food
- Fitness programmes such as office yoga and discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Company pension scheme, flexible working hours and sabbatical policy
- Regular team events, company parties and Friday beers
- Windows or Apple equipment (depending on preference)
- Relocation service to Berlin for EU citizens
Are you hungry for more?
Apply now with your complete application documents, gladly also without a photo and without stating nationality, marital status, gender, religion or other discriminatory characteristics. Language certificates and documents for residence and work permits can be submitted with your application.
HelloFresh lives diversity. We are proud of the different backgrounds, abilities and perspectives of each team member and support the personal development on the job. Every personnel decision is based on equal opportunities, on qualifications, performance and requirements of the company and is independent of origin, skin color, religion, political orientation, gender, physical or mental disability or age. With the help of our Diversity & Inclusion Committee and our team-based hiring decisions, we do everything we can to reduce prejudices in the selection.
We are looking forward to meeting you!