Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people. We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people. The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
What is the Vertical Integration team?
The Vertical Integration team is tasked with driving procurement cost savings and building supply chain reliability by developing a national network of manufacturing and packaging partnerships dedicated to serving HelloFresh distribution centers. The Vertical Integration team works cross-functionally to (i) scope out vertical integration opportunities (ii) source partnerships (iii) source bulk raw materials and machinery (iv) implement machinery and production installations and (v) manage day to day production operations.
As Operations Manager, Vertical Integration you will report into and work directly with the Associate Director of Vertical Integration.
People Management & Ops Management
- Hire and manage a team of on-site operations support staff as each new production partner site goes live
- Support your on-site team to ensure production operations deliver results against established KPIs - quality, reliability, cost
- Own and develop excellent relationships with Vertical Integration production partners, raw material suppliers and machinery vendors to ensure the best service levels.
- Travel to partner facilities and provide direct support for their operations at the shop-floor level; deepening the partnership and sharpening their execution.
Project Management & Site Launch
- Provide project management support through implementation and launch of new partner sites.
- Travel to partner sites and provide direct support for successful site launches.
Process Development & Improvement
- Work directly (both in person and remotely) with vertical integration partners to build new processes, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the network.
- A natural owner: you are super reliable and thoughtful in managing your responsibilities, you care about the outcome and quality of your work and the work of your team, and you earn the trust of your colleagues
- Results-oriented: You apply a sense of urgency to your work; you have a demonstrated hunger and ability to deliver impact
- Agile and organized - You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments; you can multitask and prioritize your responsibilities and the responsibilities of others; you demonstrate a methodical approach to all of your work
- Entrepreneurial in Spirit: you have vision, passion and imagination; you are not afraid to ask ‘what if’ and constantly challenge the status quo
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels and departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging and use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
At a minimum, you have…
- BA / BS in Engineering, Supply Chain field, Business or similar
- Minimum 4 years managing fulfillment & production operations in e-commerce, food, beverage, or perishables, manufacturing or distribution.
- Solid project management skill set
- Experience managing a team
- Operational modeling capabilities
- Operations and vendor management experience
- Excitement for working in an environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
- A collaborative, team-oriented communication style
- Willing and available to travel 25-50% of the time, depending on needs of the business and travel restrictions.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Equity Program
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company