At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager, People Operations who will align our People strategy and programs with business objectives to enable our HQ employees (based in Toronto, Ontario) to do their best work. Reporting to the People Director, you will provide strategic support and guidance to people leaders across the organization and build a positive employee experience through the employee life cycle. You will help to build organizational capability and support leaders and employees adapt and thrive as the company grows and scales for long-term growth. As the leader of the HQ People team, you will also play a critical role in their development, performance, and engagement.
HR Business Partner
- Partner with business stakeholders at HQ, with specific focus on People Leaders within Marketing and Product & Culinary.
- Provide coaching and counsel to People leaders to enable them to handle complex employee situations, unlock employee performance and potential, and increase employee engagement and retention
- Help teams develop effective onboarding plans, particularly through a remote environment, to enable new hires to feel confident in their roles and committed to the organization, thereby reducing time to productivity and increasing employee engagement and retention
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations, as needed
- Provide day to day People support to employees, helping them to develop strong relationships with their manager and colleagues and providing guidance on professional development
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify team-specific skills and competencies and develop career progression frameworks to enable leaders and employees to create succession and development plans
- Identify and action learning and development needs to build organizational capability and enable employees to gain and improve critical skills and competencies
- Play a key role in helping leaders and employees navigate the shift from fully remote work to flexible work, including the development and implementation of training and tools through this process
- Act as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion lead for HQ to drive key metrics and initiatives to uncover and action D&I concerns through learning and development and programming and in collaboration with HelloChange
- Use data based insights from trends and metrics to create and implement solutions, programs and policies across Canada, with specific focus on HQ
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports (Office Coordinator, People Coordinator, two HR Business Partners)
- Provide leadership and guidance to Canada People Team, including peer coaching
- Play a key role in People team development and growth through learning opportunities and peer coaching, to ensure sustained capability building
At a minimum, you have:
- Degree or diploma in business, human resources, or other relevant field, or equivalent 7+ years of experience of progressive HR experience, ideally within tech or growing/scaling startups
- Strong stakeholder management skills, especially in business partnering with senior business leaders and global counterparts
- Strong coaching and conflict resolution skills, with demonstrated experience in leading complex workplace investigations
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgement and fair, ethical conduct with respect to employee relations and our highly diverse employee population
- Demonstrated experience leading change management initiatives, specifically in organizational design/structure, HR program development and implementation, and continuous improvement of HR processes
- Excellent prioritization, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to work within a quickly changing, high pressure environment and with a great deal of ambiguity
- Experienced in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets) and HR tools (we use BambooHR, Culture Amp, and Greenhouse)
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- A work-from-home allowance and flexibility to work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year - learn more about our flexible Hybrid Work Approach below!
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
Hybrid Work Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal and life needs. Offering remote work flexibility for our employees is a core part of creating a great employee experience. We are also mindful that many employees thrive on in-person interactions and collaboration opportunities at the office (e.g. new joiners, team building, social events, experiencing our product).
To meet those needs, we are pleased to provide a Hybrid Work Approach, which enables employees to work from home up to 50% of the time, and also work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our HQ employees are primarily working remotely from home and we have the office open and available on a voluntary basis for employees who wish to work from there. Pending public health guidelines, we expect to return to the office using our Hybrid Work Approach. Employees will receive a minimum of one month’s notice of our Hybrid Work Approach taking effect and when employees will be expected to start work from the office.
When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto (110 Spadina Avenue)
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, and a ping pong table!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.