As an Energy & Carbon Reduction Manager you will facilitate HelloFresh in reaching its goal of being a recognised leader in the area of carbon emission reduction and in the development and dissemination of climate smart solutions. You will be part of the Sustainability & Packaging team and be responsible for managing energy and efficiency projects across all HelloFresh warehouses and international operations. You will work with local markets and cross-departmental teams on exciting projects such as bringing our distribution centres to the highest sustainability standards and pushing for more solar power installations.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate - as a point of contact for all international markets, and working across different departments and stakeholders, you will play a pivotal role in the topics of energy and carbon emission reduction
- Build - improve the energy efficiency of our facilities. Build smart solutions that will make HelloFresh the most sustainable company in its field such as photovoltaic systems, and EV charging stations and fleet
- Facilitate - best practices across markets and promote a sustainable change amongst HelloFresh employees and customers
- Develop - dashboards and tools for improved energy and carbon reporting
- Manage - complex projects involving other departments and position yourself as expert interface in your domain for the other teams. Manage the company’s ISO50001 certification including its expansion to new markets
- Mentor - junior colleagues from Supply, Product & Sustainability department
As part of our international operations team, you will be in charge of
- the HF sustainability program for our fulfilment operations (production and inbound/outbound logistics)
- Manage our international sustainability program to improve our energy efficiency and carbon footprint across our fulfilment operation in 10 countries
- Manage our ISO50001 certification and roll-out to relevant markets
- Definition, standardization and roll-out of energy efficiency and carbon footprint reduction programs
- KPI definition and collection to contribute towards our CSR reporting to shareholders and customers
- Monitoring of target setting and achievement
- Development of energy consumption forecasts and carbon trajectories
- Support the facility and construction team in developing state of the art facilities
- Monitor and develop our logistic operations including the installation of EV charging stations and the development of our EV fleet
- Alignment with the HelloFresh Sustainability Team on broader CSR Strategy and support of selected projects
- Provide expert knowledge and best practice methods in regards to sustainability and energy efficiency to our local subsidiaries
What you’ll bring
- You are driven to build simple and sustainable solutions
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have ISO50001 management experience
- You are a data-driven person who can make decisions based on rational reasoning
- You feel comfortable using both qualitative and quantitative data to validate hypotheses and drive decisions
- You are able to write technical requirements, develop business models, and define support requirements and processes
- You are willing to frequently travel internationally when required
- You have excellent analytical skills and hands on approach
- A degree educated in a relevant field from top tier college or university engineering or similar
- 3-5 years work experience in the sustainability and energy efficiency fields in industrial or logistics operations
- Knowledge of cooling systems technologies
- Experience in developing photovoltaic systems
- Knowledge of sustainable construction and experience in sustainability assessment methodologies (e.g., BREEAM, LEEDS, DGNB)
- An ISO 50001 auditor certificate
- SQL experience
- Membership of a professional body (environment, energy or sustainability)
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.