As HelloFresh's Senior Python Backend Engineer (m/f/x) in our Supply Chain Operations team, you will be supporting different international markets automating Supply Chain processes and pipelines as well as develop tools that allow data and information to flow flawlessly throughout the system landscape . If you’re interested in working for one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies with a great and delicious product, plenty of opportunities and challenging tasks, this is your chance to join us!
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you'll do
- You will lead a team of developers that aims on creating, maintaining and optimizing Supply Chain tools that decrease manual work, decrease the risk of operational errors and enable scalability throughout all regions of HelloFresh.
- You will identify technical improvement potential throughout the value chain (Product Planning, Procurement, Production, Logistics, Customer Care) and get the chance to realize them in a hands-on manner.
- You will have the opportunity to strategically develop the HelloFresh Data and Tool landscape further.
- You will play an important role in harmonizing the global Supply Chain tool landscape.
- You will support with operational tasks such as monitoring essential pipelines and accompanying the rollout of new products and releases.
What you'll bring
- You are a curious and quick learner, especially when it comes to new analytical methods, software applications and tools
- You worked 4+ years in a developer/near-developer role in a fast-paced environment
- You have worked in an Agile environment and are experienced in using Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence). You are able to promote the idea of Agile within the team and leverage its benefits.
- You have solid back-end experience within Microservice architecture using Python
- Ideally, you have created frontends with React, Flask or similar frameworks (nice-to-have)
- Ideally, you have experience in leading a technical team
- Ideally, you have designed a landscape of different applications
- You know your way around different CI/CD methods (esp. Kubernetes), AWS and Docker
- You are experienced in working with relational databases
- Although you value documentation, you are hands-on and know when to put impact over process.
- You have a general interest in understanding business processes and stakeholder perspectives to tailor solutions to their needs
- You know how to take responsibility and own your products
- You are willing to travel (10%) for rollouts or hands-on support
- You speak English fluently
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub, Berlin, we’ve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart and soul of our diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace and welcome diversity and we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer – everyone is welcome at our table.