We are hiring a Director of Machine Learning & AI to help shape a newly created department and lead the development of innovative data science applications. Our vision is to build a world-class team dedicated to developing our AI-powered Supply Chain and Marketing platforms. As a Data Science Manager, you'll be part of a team of engineers and data scientists who work together to build innovative data products in an agile, highly collaborative environment. You will have the opportunity to hire the technical resources, create and own the vision for the next few years, and make applications of new technologies for AI & ML a reality.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership to a team of 25+ data scientists and engineers within our center of excellence for ML & AI
- Help building world-class products. Create a vision and a strategic roadmap of ML & AI within the company
- Steer project management activities across the data team with a results-focused approach to prioritization, while maintaining a balance of velocity and quality
- Support hiring of the newly formed ML & AI department
- Drive innovation and best practices and enable adoption of those capabilities across the data science community
- Provide coaching and team member development, and get actively involved in supporting team members in the technical development of models and analysis
- Translate business needs into clearly scoped data science projects, and take a hands-on approach to steer solution design and implementation
- Jump in and work with the data!
What you’ll bring
- Degree (Ph.D., MSc) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 10+ years proved track record building Machine Learning / Statistical Models within e-commerce digital businesses.
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers. Proven experience hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Proven track record writing production-grade ML applications in Python. Proficient using SQL.
- Proficient in CI / CD and Dev Ops practices on AWS.
- Deep understanding of advanced ML concepts (e.g. Deep Learning, Bayesian statistics). Experience using PyMC3 and Databricks is a plus. Experience with production-ready systems for Machine Learning (e.g. Feature Storage).
- Experience with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban and proficiency in using project management tools. Jira preferred.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, because they are a protected veteran, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.