At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years-- we are now active in nine markets, and on three continents.
The Quality Lead coordinates activities of and provides coaching and guidance to workers in the quality team. The Lead Associate works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead Associate receives direction from Quality Supervisor and carries out instructions based on given directive. The Lead is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Respectfully communicate with all co-workers. Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee instructions to provide advice on how to properly perform their task (i.e. how to check the kitbox to ensure that correct ingredients are included)
- Respectfully support and follow direction from all managers and supervisors about line product integrity
- Work to continuously improve in all areas. Ensure all actions better the business of HelloFresh and do not break any company policies
- Coach all employees to follow HelloFresh policies and procedures
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Quality Assurance Supervisor and/or Manager
- Completes tasks as directed with minimum supervision
- Occasionally required to inspect ingredients using tools such as food scales, measuring spoons and cups, etc., as needed.
- Observe Kitting Lines to insure best quality ingredients are being used.
- Verify set up for Kitting Lines is being done correctly at the beginning of the shift.
- Check staged ingredients for Kitting lines for any quality concerns.
- Maintain accurate inventory and insure product rotation procedures are being followed, follow FIFO and notify Supervisor of any inaccuracies immediately.
- Follow FIFO to insure oldest product has a disposition before using newer dates and obtain approval for any discard or donation from Supervisor immediately.
- Monitor and Identify storage areas for product daily to insure product is being stored in the right temperature chambers.
- Communicate to Warehouse Supervisor if any product is being stored incorrectly and follow thru to insure the ingredient will be moved.
- Communicate with Production team for any needed knowledge or training regarding Quality issues or concerns.
- Follow up on any major concerns being brought up from other Quality associates about ingredient issues or concerns.
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Natural Leader: proven ability to influence and mentor others through positive and direct communication
- Results-driven: recognizes and resolves situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
- Analytical: numbers and data are your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Strategic: you’re a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: you understand the importance of customer experience and are able to achieve excellence in delivering the planned customer outcomes with the highest level of customer care and customer satisfaction
High school diploma or GED with 1+ years of related experience
Understanding of food manufacturing quality processes
SQF, HACCP knowledge; food safety/quality certifications a plus (ASQ, SQF, AIB etc.)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Google apps (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, etc.)
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Must be at least 18 years old due to OSHA
Must be able to read, write and speak English
Must be willing and able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or early/late arrivals
Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and fractions)
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to handle objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Quality Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.