Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist to support our Operations and take our model development and implementation to the next level in order to derive the right insights and decisions from our diverse and complex data landscape.
Within the US Operations Analytics team, you will work closely with our stakeholders and data product managers, data engineers and analysts to build and maintain machine learning data products that improve the HelloFresh customer offering and enhance efficiency of our Operations.
Our vision is to develop, implement and maintain best-in-class automated data products that support our growing Supply Chain, in delivering the perfect product, at the right time, to the doorstep of all our customers. We are looking for someone who connects stakeholders to data through key projects, while simultaneously focusing on mentorship and developing internal talent.
You will ...
- Lead complex machine learning development projects
- Design and Maintain Statistical and Machine Learning Models in order to enhance our customers experience and operational efficiency
- Work closely with our stakeholders to explain complex concepts and advocate for sophisticated analytics
- Collaborate with diverse functions across Operations: product, culinary, procurement, fulfillment, logistics and customer care
You are ...
- A skilled Data Scientist with true subject matter expertise in the space
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence teams and the end users
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and operations, and act as a thought leader for state of the art model development methods and industry best practices
- Comfortable operating in fast-paced, dynamic environments and working autonomously
- Intellectually curious; don’t mind questioning and challenging the status quo
- A team player who efficiently collaborates with peers and stakeholders
At a minimum, you have ...
- Phd / MSc in a scientific discipline with a strong focus on causal inference and machine learning (e.g., Econometrics, Epidemiology / Biostatistics, Neuroscience, Statistics, Political Science, Psychology, Physics)
- 5+ years’ experience building Machine Learning / Statistical Models
- Solid grasp of advanced statistical concepts (e.g., Bayesian statistics; multilevel and generalized linear models; timeseries; bootstrapping). Experience using PyMC3 or any other Bayesian Modeling framework is a plus.
- Ability to perform data analysis in Python (required); proficiency using SQL (required).
- Understanding of data visualization best practices, proficient with BI Platforms (Tableau preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex analyses to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company