At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 12 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
The HelloFresh Platform tribe’s goal is to make HelloFresh a more productive and efficient place to work, specifically for Software Engineering teams. Platform is made up of 4 squads and looks after performance, developer productivity, site reliability, and cloud infrastructure.
As a TPM in our Platform tribe, you’d work closely with our site reliability engineers in a “two-pizza squad”, to make sure our internal HelloTech customers get the same star treatment as our external customers. The HelloTech organization is around 350+ people and growing year-on-year.
You'll work hands-on with one or more engineering teams to plan and execute business initiatives, feature / product launches and platform improvements. Using your communication, problem solving, project management and technical skills, you'll help bridge the gap between product and engineering, empowering teams to bring together complex ideas to life.
While Product Owners at HelloTech focus on which initiatives their squads should work on and why , TPMs work closely with the engineering team to understand how and when they'll deliver those initiatives.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Driving the process of transforming business requirements into actionable delivery plans
- Building and maintaining a roadmap for the initiatives in a team's backlog
- Communicating with other squads to manage dependencies and mitigate risks
- Facilitating planning sessions, tracking the progress of individual tasks and proactively surfacing and removing blockers
- Optimizing a team's working processes
- Promote agile ways of working
- Make data-driven decisions about delivery practices
- Promoting a culture of autonomy, ownership and continuous improvement
Who are we looking for
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which you use to remove ambiguity and build a common understanding among team members
- You speak the language of customers, stakeholders and engineers, and can translate seamlessly between the three
- You are a proactive problem solver who does what it takes to deliver your team delivers, with minimal direction
- You are a structured thinker who can quickly understand a problem, identify a solution and envision a path to implementing it
- You are highly organized and have a strong sense of ownership
- You have previous experience as a technical program manager, technical project manager, delivery lead or scrum master in an agile environment
- You are familiar with different agile frameworks and have experience putting them into practice
- You have a solid technical understanding, specifically knowledge of infrastructure technologies (you can see a list of technologies we work with here )
- You are comfortable moderating discussions about technical architecture and documenting the outcome
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- Free weekly classes in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programs, discounts for our neighboring gyms & urban sports clubs, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application including your salary expectations and earliest starting date