At HelloFresh, our mission is to change the way people eat - forever. From our 2011 founding in Europe’s vibrant tech hub Berlin, we’ve become the global market leader in the meal kit sector and inspire millions of energised home cooks across the globe every week.
We offer our meal kit boxes full of exciting recipes and thoughtfully sourced, fresh ingredients in more than 10 countries, operating from offices in Berlin, New York City, Sydney, Toronto, London and Amsterdam. Our more than 4,000 employees are the heart and soul of our highly international, fast-paced, and dynamic environment where innovation and smart, fast action is encouraged.
Our Engineering, Data, Product and Security teams are located in Berlin and New York and are critical to what we do. From procurement tools, to conversion rate optimization, live pricing tools, payment services and add-on upselling features, we work on challenging problems and have a high output of building and releasing features and engines that make our business thrive and deliver real financial impact.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out our tech blog.
About the job
You will be joining the Platform Tribe at HelloTech. Platform forms a stable and fresh environment for our talented teams of developers to thrive. As well as building a great foundation, Platform is also responsible for spreading their knowledge throughout the other tribes, they make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy to use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to Continuous Delivery, Containerisation, Performance, Security etc.
- Deliver solid Infrastructure as a Code by using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Build and maintain container clusters with Kubernetes
- Optimize and improve our CI/CD workflow
- Develop and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Design blueprints and support engineers to implement them
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts and best practices
Check out some of the amazing open-source tools that we're building here at Platform:
Janus - An API Gateway written in Go
Klepto - Tool for copying and anonymising data
Kandalf - RabbitMQ to Kafka bridge
Who we are looking for
- Experience as a software developer [Python, Go, or Ruby]
- Experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- Good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best practices
- Practical cloud experience, preferably Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Enthusiasm for open source contribution
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge
- Loves to automate things
It would be beneficial if you also have the following:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (canary, zero-downtime)
What we offer
- Relocation assistance to move to Berlin and visa application support
- Competitive compensation
- Significant reduction on our meal kits
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources
- Sabbatical policy
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin
- A diverse and vibrant international environment
- A range of perks (Free in-house crash course in German, compensation for advanced German classes, in-house lecture series and knowledge sharing programme, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, free weekly yoga classes, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines)
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.