Beef & Sweet Potato Quesadillas
with Green Pepper, Southwest Crema & Tomato Salsa
This quesadilla is jam-packed with flavorful roasted sweet potato and green pepper, plus two types of gooey, melty cheese (how could we choose just one?!). Of course, we’d never forget the toppings—there’s a fresh tomato salsa and dollops of spiced lime crema. Now for the fun part: piling on a little bit of everything to construct the perfect bite!
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Long Green Pepper
Southwest Spice Blend
(Contains Soy, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Peel and dice sweet potato into ½-inch pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. • Roast on top rack, tossing halfway through, until browned and tender, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• While sweet potato roasts, core, deseed, and dice green pepper. Halve, peel, and dice onion; mince a few pieces until you have 1 TBSP (2 TBSP for 4 servings). Dice tomato. Finely chop cilantro. Quarter lime. • Place ½ tsp Southwest Spice Blend (you’ll use the rest in the next step) in a small bowl and reserve for Step 4.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken or beef; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and diced onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until tender, 5-7 minutes. • Once sweet potato is done, add to pan along with remaining Southwest Spice Blend. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Turn off heat.
Use pan used for chicken or beef here.
• In a medium bowl, combine tomato, cilantro, minced onion, a squeeze of lime juice, and a large drizzle of olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. • To bowl with reserved Southwest Spice Blend, add sour cream, a squeeze of lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir in water 1 tsp at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency.
• Place tortillas on a clean work surface. • In a second small bowl, combine cheddar and mozzarella. • Sprinkle half the cheese mixture onto one half of each tortilla. Top with cooked veggies, then sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Fold tortillas in half to create quesadillas.
Add chicken or beef to tortillas along with veggies.
• Wash out pan used for veggies. Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over mediumhigh heat. Add quesadillas and cook until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts, 2-4 minutes per side. TIP: Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in batches. • Cut quesadillas into wedges and divide between plates. Top with salsa and crema. Serve with remaining lime wedges on the side.
Ground Beef is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 160°.