Chicken Sausage & Brussels Flatbreads
with Mike's Hot Honey®, Parmesan & Italian Cheeses
In our humble opinion, flatbreads are a level above pizza! We know that may sound crazy, but stick with us. The golden crust is a blank canvas, not beholden to simply marinara and mozz! In fact, ours is topped with herby lemony ricotta, shredded Brussels sprouts, melty cheeses, lemon zest, and a drizzle of hot honey. Can your ’za do that?! Yeah, we didn’t think so.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
(Contains Sesame, Wheat)
Mike’s Hot Honey®
Italian Cheese Blend
Italian Chicken Sausage Mix
Not included in your delivery
• Adjust rack to top position (top and middle positions for 4 servings) and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and halve Brussels sprouts lengthwise. Lay flat and thinly slice crosswise into shreds.
• Heat a large drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; season with ½ tsp Italian Seasoning (1 tsp for 4 servings) and a pinch of salt and pepper. (You’ll use more Italian Seasoning in the next step.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and softened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a separate large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken or sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
• While Brussels sprouts cook, zest and quarter lemon. • In a small bowl, combine ricotta, half the lemon zest, ½ tsp Italian Seasoning (be sure to measure—we sent more), and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. (For 4 servings, use ¾ of the lemon zest and 1 tsp Italian Seasoning.) Stir in 1 TBSP olive oil (2 TBSP for 4) and season with salt and pepper.
• Place flatbreads on a baking sheet. Brush or rub each with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toast on top rack until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. (For 4 servings, divide flatbreads between 2 baking sheets; toast on top and middle racks, swapping rack positions halfway through baking.)
• Carefully spread toasted flatbreads with lemon ricotta. Top with Brussels sprouts in an even layer. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend and half the Parmesan (save the rest for serving). • Bake on top rack until cheese melts and flatbreads are crispy, 4-6 minutes.
Top flatbreads with chicken or sausage along with Brussels sprouts.
• Cut flatbreads into pieces. • Divide between plates and drizzle with Mike’s Hot Honey®. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and remaining lemon zest to taste. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken Sausage is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.