Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Rigatoni
with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Shallot, Almonds & Parsley
Get ready for a rich, luscious vegan pasta dinner idea! Hummus may sound like an odd addition to pasta sauce, but trust us, it’s what gives our vegan pasta its next-level creaminess. You’ll start by sautéing mushrooms and shallot, then add zingy sun-dried tomatoes and garlic and finish the sauce with hummus and olive oil. After mixing in the rigatoni, you’ll serve the pasta with a crunchy sprinkle of sliced almonds, parsley, chili flakes, and fresh lemon for a pasta night worthy of your favorite bowls.
Produced in a facility that processes eggs, milk, fish, peanuts, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nuts, and wheat.
Veggie Stock Concentrate
(Contains Tree Nuts)
Chopped Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Wash and dry produce. • Trim and thinly slice mushrooms (skip if your mushrooms are pre-sliced!). Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot. Peel and mince or grate garlic. Finely chop sundried tomatoes. Finely chop parsley. Quarter lemon.
• Once water is boiling, add rigatoni to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 9-11 minutes. • Reserve ¾ cup pasta cooking water (1 cup for 4 servings), then drain.
Open package of chicken and drain off any excess liquid; season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes. Turn off heat; transfer to a plate. Wipe out pan.
• While pasta cooks, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are browned and slightly crispy, 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Use pan used for chicken here.
• Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1 tsp sugar (2 tsp for 4 servings) to pan with veggies. Cook, stirring, until tomato paste is brick red and garlic is fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Stir stock concentrates and 1⁄3 cup reserved pasta cooking water (½ cup for 4) into pan. (TIP: Ladle directly from pasta pot if pasta isn’t finished cooking yet.) Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce has slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. • Reduce heat to low and stir in hummus and a large drizzle of olive oil until fully incorporated. (TIP: Add another splash of pasta cooking water if sauce seems dry.) Season with salt and pepper.
• Add drained rigatoni and half the parsley to pan with sauce; stir until coated. TIP: If necessary, add another splash of reserved pasta cooking water and another drizzle of olive oil until everything is coated in a glossy sauce. • Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Stir in chicken along with rigatoni.
• Divide pasta between bowls. Top with almonds, remaining parsley, and as many chili flakes as you like. • Squeeze juice from one lemon wedge (two wedges for 4 servings) over top. Serve with remaining lemon wedges on the side.
Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165°.